Disclaimers

This is the part where we say these aren't my characters.  If you're here, you already know that the Gallagher Girls isn't mine, but my heart sure does belong in a special place with them.

About five years ago, I started writing a Next Generation fic for the Gallagher Girls series.  It was the first time I sat down to write since my Twilight days, about five years prior to that.  I wanted to write about young Morgan Goode.  And I wanted to write about young Catherine Goode.  Both, and I didn't know how I was going to do that.  I didn't have a plot.  I didn't have a plan.  I just sat down and I wrote.

Slowly, surely, a little community started to build up around these fics, for which I am eternally and endlessly grateful.  Gallagher Girls really are something else.  However, when I started to get busier and more adult-ier, I had to, unfortunately, deal with life.  I was out of time.  I was out of sleep.  I had to graduate and get a job.  I had moved out of my parents' house.  And I was wholly and completely overwhelmed.

I never wrote that last book.  And I've always regretted it a little bit.

Fast Forward to about February of 2020.  I'm in a little bit better place.  My life is calming down a little bit.  And Morgan Goode keeps calling out to me as I start to fall asleep at night, a surefire symptom of characters that simply need to get out of a writer's head.  Then March 2020 rolls around and suddenly, I'm granted with a lot more time on my hands.  I won't say that this global terribleness and suffering was put here to help me write, because it undeniably wasn't, but this is me making the best out of a bad situation.

So.  Where does that leave us, fellow Gallagher Girl?  I'm not quite sure.

In isolation, more and more people have been visiting and interacting with the Listen Series, either for the first time, the fifth, or well beyond.  And I want to be a part of that.  What's more is that I want to give Maggie and Luke and Charlotte and our beloved Morgan/Goode family the ending they all deserve.

It's going to be different than it used to be.  Those who have been here since the start (my loves, my dear friends) will remember that I used to post 3k+ every single night.  I can't do that anymore, and so I won't.  The tone might be very different from what folks are used to, because I'm about four years older than I was when I last saw you guys, and there's a lot that's changed.  There's plenty that you're going to remember and I'm going to forget about the last five books.  This is, essentially, a rough draft.  It's going to be a mess.

A really cool, really beautiful, really exciting mess.

This has been, without any doubt, one of the most rewarding projects of my lifetime.  My goal here, is to finish that project.  I don't know when it'll happen.  I don't even know if it'll happen.  The first chapter will come out on Saturday, and that's all I can promise.  Until then, stay safe and stay sane, you beautiful ladies.

- Sarah