Five: Try Outs

It was a brand new day. Although no one could forget what had happened at the corridor last night, they acted like everything was just fine. Unfortunately Emily was one of the students who wanted to do a research in it. She didn't even slept all night. She wasn't going to let this fly away like that. She was a Ravenclaw after all.

On her way to breakfast, always with one of her books in her hands, she noticed Oliver walking up to her.

'Morning Wood.' She said not moving her eyes off the book.

'Moring Lewis.' he said with his casual tired smile as they walked their way to the great hall. 'Are you ready for the try outs?' he smiled.

Emily's eyes widen. The try outs! She forgot the try outs! 'Merlin's beard, Wood.' she said and quickly run to the Quidditch Pitch.

Oliver was left there in shock. 'What did just happened?' he said to himself.

Sir Nicholas came through a wall and looked at the shocked Oliver. 'What happened Mr Wood?' he asked the young boy.

Oliver turned around and looked at sir Nicholas 'Do I have something on my teeth?'

---------------------------------------------------------

Emily ran through the halls of hogwarts. She went up the stairs to the Hospital Wing and down the Clock tower. Through the Clocktower Courtyard and finally the wooden bridge which was leading exactly in the Quidditch Pitch.

She was finally in the dressing rooms, cracked from the running. She quickly changed in her Quidditch robes and went straight into the Pitch.

Her eyes gazed through the people that were trying. None of them seemed to be confident about the try outs, except one. Hunter Jones. Of course he wouldn't be nervous. He thinks he has everything because he's a pureblood and he has a lot of money. He sounds a lot like a Slytherin but for some reason he was put into Ravenclaw. Emily just hated him. Her father was a muggle so people like him gave her a hard time, but she learned how to control it, or better say, Blair knows really well how to kick someone's arse.

'Just about time Lewis.' Noah Grant said. He was the Ravenclaw Quidditch team Captain and Beater. 'Hello and Good morning to each and every one of you. I'd like to say that I'm really excited about those try outs, because there's only one position and only one can fly along with us to win the Quidditch cup. Now I have to say that it's my last year in this school and it's my only worry to win this cup, so I will test your skills, your mind, your speed and many more. Let's begin the try outs' he said with proud in his face. Some people chuckled but he decided to ignore them.

'So how is he going to test us?' she asked the boy next to her.

'I don't know. I guess he's going to put us into a game or something.' he said

'But we're all trying for chasers how is this going to....'

'Now let's form the teams. You chasers will be in groups of three and with the help of two keepers and four beaters you're going to play against each other.'

'I guess that's how it's going to work' the boy next to her said and flew away. She shrugged and followed him.

---------------------------------------------------------

The match was over and Emily was dripping in sweat. She went in the dressing room to change and then quickly for her first class. Noah told them that the results would be out next week so she had some time to search all about the Chamber of Secrets. Her first class thankfully was Charms with Flitwick, witch was actually her favourite.

She went in the class, greeted the professor and sat next to Blair as usual.

'How did the try out go?' Blair asked

'really well. Although I was pretty close to get hit by a bludger.' They both chuckled.

'So today class we'll be learning the stunning spell. It isn't a rough one and you'll probably see it again in your defense against the dark arts lesson.' Fintwick said

'Totally, with the teacher that we got.' Blair said sarcastically in Emily's ear, earning a soft laugh from her.

'The stunning spell's incantation is Stupefy. Does anybody want to come up here to try?' Flitwick asked. Everybody ducked. There weren't many raised hands but Emily's was used to it. 'Miss Lewis, great! Come on here'

She stood up and went in the front of the classroom. She tuned around so that she was facing the target.

'Stupefy' she said. The target was on the ground which meant that the spell was correctly casted.

'This was a great spellwork' Flitwick said. '10 points to Ravenclaw'. The Ravenclaws cheered while the Slytherins scoffed from the other side of the room. Having any class with Slytherins was just pathetic. They were boring and full of themselves. Of course not all of them, Emily had some friends in Slytherin, but it's just their characteristic.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dinner in the great hall was always the best and the worst meal at the same time. It was great because we sometimes got one of Dumbledore's speeches and it had great food, but at the same time we couldn't sit in another table. In dinner everyone should sit with their house.

'Em, you're staring again.' Blair said.

'Oh man, can you please slap me if I look at him again?' She asked her best friend but her eyes wandered on the Scottish boy. 'He has to be really muscular, he plays Quidditch every day' she though 'Emily, what are you thinking, pull yourself together.' she thought again until she felt a burn on her left cheek. She immediately turned at Blair alongside with everybody else.

'what!?!?' she said raising her hands 'she asked for it.'

Everyone turned back on their plates leaving the two girls "alone".

---------------------------------------------------------

On her way to the common room she felt a hand grabbing her wrist. She turned around and so Oliver.

'Oh hey Wood.'

'Lewis. How did the try out go?' he asked letting her wrist go.

'Pretty well. I have to say thank you.'

' 'bout what?'

'Everything Wood. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be in the pitch today. Thank you.' Emily said staring in his eyes.

'You don't have to thank me' he said as he looked at his feet.

'Well, Ollie we have to head to our common room if we don't want to have a nice talk with Filch in his office.'

He chuckled 'Yeah, I guess you're right.'

'then goodnight' she smiled and left.

'Night' he said under his breath when she ws too far to hear it. He turned to leave but stopped. 'Wait did she just call me Ollie?'

---------------------------------------------------------

Emily was back in the common room. She walked her way to the dorms when, she heard some people whispering. She chose to ignore it at first but then she heard a familiar voice. She went closer and heard Noah talking to Hunter. 'Yes Hunt, you're our new chaser but you can't say it anywhere.'

---------------------------------------------------------