Chapter 2

God! Why do I have to go to the Academy again?!?! I mean I’ve already graduated once in five different villages. The sand, mist, leaf, sound, and grass. I did a lot of traveling in my time of being a wanderer.

          Putting that matter to the side, I guess I have to get out of bed. I groaned as soon as the cold air hit me. Shivering in my shorts and tank top I quickly got ready for (shudder) school. Getting dressed in my new clothes that consisted of a half top and capris that were hot pink I exited the door in a slow walk. Passing a food stand I quickly bought a small bento although they’re usually for lunch. Eating leisurely on my way an ANBU shinobi landed softly behind me and bowed low. “Please join my squad!!!” he shouted. Raising my eyebrow I walked away, leaving him stunned behind. “Please consider!!!” he yelled. I sweat dropped, he was now attached to my leg like a child. “No” I said walking. With him still attached to my leg, I continued towards the Academy.

 “Dang, he weighs a lot” I thought to myself. I started to pant as I approached the Academy doors. Three more ANBU shinobi dropped in front of me. “Please join my squad” “NO” Then they attached to my leg along with the first guy. “Get off!!!” I practically yelled. “Not until you agree to join!” they said at the same time and then turned to each other with a glare. Making the assumption they’re all from different squads I started to the doors with a lot of effort.

          I walked to a door that said Iruka was the teacher. I opened the door slowly and peeked my head inside. Inside was whom I assumed to be the teacher yelling at a blonde haired, blue-eyed little kid. He looked around my age and had a stubborn look on his face. He walked back to his chair with a depressed look on his face. My heart ached at that and I just wanted to comfort him.

          “Um… Hello?” I asked hesitantly. The teacher’s head whipped towards me in slight surprise. “Oh, you must be the new student. Why don’t you come in here and introduce yourself to the class’ he said with a smile on his face. “Ok. Just give me a moment.” He looked confuse but then he saw the ANBU clinging to me. “Let me help you.” He walked over and proceeded to throw them out the window to our left.” Thank-you” “No problem. Now can you introduce yourself.” Totally forgot about that. I turned to my fellow classmates and placed a smile on my face. Instantly almost every boy had hearts in their eyes. “ My name is Akiko Ero and I’m from the Ero clan.” They immediately started to whisper about how my last name meant pervert and there was no way I could be from the pervert clan. 

          Iruka continued ignoring the whispers and said I could sit anywhere. “Anywhere?” I asked to be sure. He nodded in conferment. And I immediately jumped towards the blonde he was yelling at earlier and sat in his lap. The blonde’s eyes widened and he blushed. “Um, Akiko why are you sitting in Naruto’s lap?” Iruka asked. “You said I could sit anywhere and Naruto’s cute.” “I meant in any chair. Not in Naruto’s lap” “Booie” (pronounced boo-e) I looked around quickly and saw an empty chair next to the blond I learned was Naruto. Instantly all the girls started to glare at me. Confused I looked to my left and saw a dark haired boy. He gave me a glare and went back to his work.

          After the bell rang to signal school was over I decided to walk with Naruto. “So, Naruto where is a good place to eat here?” I asked him. He instantly smiled and grabbing my hand, he ran to what looked like a ramen stand. It was called Ichiraku’s Ramen and was delicious. After we ate Naruto and I started to walk in a park. “Akiko?” Naruto said hesitantly. “Yes?” “Are you playing with me?” he asked with slight fear in his voice. My head instantly turned and I looked at him in confusion. “What do you mean?” After I said that Naruto explained to me how everybody seemed to hate him and nobody wanted to be his friend. “Naruto, has someone been nice to you before but then started to ignore you later?” Afraid of the answer I waited for his answer. He nodded slowly and I jumped up and hugged Naruto tightly. “Naruto listen to me. You are my first friend in this village. And it’s wrong for others to treat you the way they have. But Naruto I genuinely like you and hope we can become best friends.” We both started to cry and hug each other.  After our little episode we went our separate ways with smiles on both of our faces. I have a feeling Naruto and I will have a long and strong friendship for life. And who knows, it might develop into something more.