・Chapter 5・

~ When reading, please keep your screen at a distance to avoid eye strain ~

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Well would you look at that, we don't have any classes together." Both you and Soma stood, comparing your schedules. A troubled look was present on your face as Soma let out a disappointed sigh. "Man, this sucks." He crossed arms with a huff, making you laugh at his reaction. "Yeah, I'd rather be helping Ren teach the white belts right now." You chuckled, mimicking Soma's crossed arms. At the mention of Ren's name, Soma looked at you with a confused expression.

"Oh yeah, you haven't met him yet." You paused, "Ren is a cousin of mine." Soma just nodded along to your explanation, checking his schedule once again. "Welp, I'd best be going. I don't wanna be late for my first class." He said, ruffling your hair and making his way to class.

"Try not to cause too much trouble!" You called out to him, receiving a thumbs-up in return. With that, you look at your schedule once again. You start walking, not paying attention to what's in front of you. You were getting a bit nervous, worried that your sense of smell would hold you back.

What if we need to cook and I accidentally burn the dish? I'll just embarrass myself. So much for taking the top, I'm so stupid for making that speech in front of everyone.

More thoughts clouded your mind as you absentmindedly walked to your destination, looking directly at the ground. You failed to notice a masculine figure struggling to carry a bunch of paperwork. The person didn't seem to notice you too as he continued walking straight towards you. When you raised your head, you were met with the sight of a taller guy speed walking to your direction and didn't seem to be paying attention to his surroundings. Your didn't react on time to dodge him, which made both of you crash into one another. You took a mental note, I need to train a bit more with my reaction time being this slow.

Now, this isn't some cliche wattpad story where the person falls and you decide to help him pick up his papersー

Yeah I lied, that's exactly what's happening.

You stood firmly and kept your balance, but the other person was less fortunate. Papers were flying everywhere, the male stressing to get up and grab all the paper on the ground.

"I'm so sorry, I got distracted and I wasn't paying attention. I'm really sorry!" Now that you had a closer look at the male, you could say that he's very attractive. His pale complexion and silver hair got you staring at him for a while. You came to your senses and immediately helped him get his things together.

"I-I'm sorry too, I was distracted as well." You stuttered out and chuckled nervously, handing him the paperwork. Both of you stood up and looked at each other awkwardly.

"So..." The boy spoke, his voice coming off as timid. "You're a first year, right?" He asked with a shy smile on his face. You returned the smile and nodded at his question. "I'm really sorry for the inconvenience I caused." A guilty smile made it's way to you face as you bowed, causing the male to fumble in his words. "R-raise your head, no need to be sorry! It was partly my fault." He chuckles sheepishly.

You raised your head and smiled at him. "Well, I best be going!" You said and bid the male goodbye. He had indeed caught your interest, this made you hope that you would see him more often after this incident. Before you could make it far, the male called out to you.

"I never got your name." He said. You turned to him curiously "It's (L/n) (Y/n), but you can just call me (Y/n)."

He smiled for a second before replying. "I'm Tsukasa Eishi, a third year. And I guess it's only fair to let you call me Eishi."

You smiled at this, happy that you made a friend.

"Well, you should go. You only have a few minutes before your class starts." He said before he turned around and walked off. "See you around, Eishi-senpai!" You called out before deciding to speed walk towards your destination, seeing as you only have six minutes left before you are deemed late.

Four minutes have passed and you were able to reach class. You earned some dirty looks from the students but you shrugged them off, walking towards an empty cooking station. You were a bit disappointed that you have to cook on you first class.

Soon after a minute has passed, a teacher has entered the room and started grouping the students into pairs. You were surprised to be paired with a familiar tanned male with white hair. You remember seeing him smelling a cinnamon stick on the entrance exam.

Seeing that he doesn't have any intention of talking to you, you decide to make the first move. "Hi, I'll be your partner for this class. My name is-" He cut you off before you could say even more. "You're (L/n) (Y/n), one of the transfer students." The male looked at you with a blank stare, as if inspecting you.

You looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to introduce himself. "I'm Hayama Akira." He introduced. You smiled at him, "Nice to meet you, Hayama." He nodded in response, making you pout for his lack of words.

"Okay students, I'm about to reveal what you'll be cooking today."

These words made you look towards the teacher and pay attention.

I sincerely hope that we just need to cook something that doesn't focus on the aroma.

"Today, I want you guys to cook some curry. I want my mouth watering with just it's aroma so you best be giving it your all on this dish."

Well that's just fan-fucking-tastic.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Thanks for 1.5k read omg I just love ya'll so much :'))