78

Averys POV

I woke up the next morning feeling pain on my cheek. I touched it and winced as I felt it again.

That definitely was a night I won't forget...

I got up to look in the mirror and noticed a huge bruise on my face. I started panicking and thinking how I'm supposed to hide this from everyone. I quickly looked around Taylor's room for her makeup bag and covered it as good as I can.

"Ow." I winced while blending it in. I guess you don't know a persons strength till they hit you.

I still had his car parked in front of my house so I got in mine and drove to my house leaving Natalie behind, I'll pick up her later.

"Fuck." As I parked I noticed Kairi was outside with my parents.

"Hey honey how was your prom?" My mom walked up to me. I nodded my head and gave them a small smile.

"Kairi." I whispered to get his attention then pointed with my head to Mattias car for him to come over.

"Who's car is this and why is it parked here?" My stepdad said to me.

"Uh it's Mattias he didn't want to drive last night so I dropped him off and brought it here but I'm taking it back right now." He made an 'O' shape with his mouth and walked in the house with my mom.

"What's up?" He asked while getting closer. I could see he was trying to look closely at my face.

"What are you doing?" I asked laughing, well faking it.

"O- Nothing. So what are we doing?"

"Just follow my car okay?" I begged. He nodded and started up Mattias car.

I think he knows what happened last night and I'm sure Taylor filled him in on it while I was sleeping.

After a couple minutes we got to his house then Kairi got in my car. While walking over, he gave the house a bad look. He for sure knows.

"What's that on your arm?" He pointed to a cut. I guess it's from when Mattia threw the keys at me.

"I'm just now seeing this. I don't know."

"So..how was last night?" He asked. I took a deep breath in and spoke.

"Um it was magical and very fun."

"Cut the shit Avery."

"What are you talking about Kairi?" I stopped at the red light and looked at him. I should've just been straight up.

"I know what happened. So stop trying to cover it up because I know.."

We sat there in silence for a while until I spoke up.

"You know I blocked him on everything? I want nothing to do with him. When I agreed to get back together with him I said it was his last chance. He fucked up. Like I can't even have a normal life anymore! Social media took control of my career
and my life. Everything isn't personal anymore for me and that prom was my one thing that I had. I just want to feel like a normal 16 year old, Kairi." I broke down.

"Lets go home. I'll make you some hot chocolate and we can cuddle this out. I know you like our cuddles you just never say it." He said. I smiled while wiping a tear away.

"I love you Kai."

"I love you too Avery."

"But first I have go by Taylor's house then we can go to mine."

***

Me and Kairi were in my basement and he was comforting me a lot, just like in our second breakup.