Something More

A/N: You give Loki a neck rub and you get a bit carried away (fluff, no smut). The next thing I will post is an update of The Lost Asgardian but I don't expect that to be posted until next week! As always, let me know what you think!

————————————————————
You and Loki weren't really friends, but you had a respectful, mutual appreciation for each other. You stayed out of his way when it was obvious he wanted to be left alone, but you'd check in with him after a few hours to see if he wanted to talk. In return, he brought you tea whenever he made some for himself and reserved your usual seat next to him on movie nights.

Okay, maybe you were friends, but neither of you would admit that you cared about each other more than you let on.

You'd noticed that something was on his mind, but he wouldn't talk to you about it. You wanted to help him, but you couldn't think of a way to do that without knowing what the problem was. You couldn't get him to open up to you and you were worried.

You bit your lip and knocked twice on his door. You knew it was getting rather late, but you were determined to do something to show him you were there for him. Maybe he'd tell you what was on his mind if he knew you cared. Loki opened the door and the corners of his lips lifted ever so slightly when he saw it was you. "Hello, Y/N. What is it?"

You teased lightly, "I didn't know I needed a reason to come see you." You pushed past him and entered his room, pausing when you saw the state of disarray his room was in.

Loki shut the door behind you and moved to stand beside you. "Please ignore the mess, I wasn't expecting any guests."
You bumped him with your shoulder, saying, "You know I don't care about that." You made yourself at home, sitting on the edge of his bed as if you'd done this a thousand times before. He joined you, his shoulders barely brushing yours.

Loki glanced at you and noticed what you were wearing. You had on a pajama set with little sheep on them. He stifled a laugh and pursed his lips. You raised an eyebrow, saying, "Don't tell me you have a thing against matching pajamas."

"On the contrary, I find them quite... amusing." There was a smile on his face but you could tell that underneath his facade, there was a heaviness that seemed to be weighing him down. He seemed tense and a little on edge, despite the carefree attitude he was trying to exude.

An idea popped into your head and you nudged his shoulder with yours. "Turn around, please."

"Why?" Loki narrowed his eyes at you but did as you asked him to. You knelt behind him, your hands moving to his shoulders.
Loki caught your wrists, turning his head to give you a questioning look.

"You're carrying a lot of tension, and I just want to help. If you don't want to tell me what's bothering you, at least let me do something for you."

Loki relented and loosened his grip, letting your hands slip to his shoulders. The muscles underneath your fingers were hard and tense and you slowly started massaging his shoulders. Loki's eyes closed involuntarily and he sighed as you applied a little more pressure.

You did that for a few minutes until you felt the knots in his shoulders start to loosen. You pressed your fingers a little deeper, and you apparently hit just the right spot because Loki emitted a low, soft moan. He stiffened as soon as he realized what he did, but you kept moving your fingers without pause. You smiled softly as you felt him relax again, and you massaged his shoulders for a few more moments.

When you'd worked all the knots out of his shoulders, you trailed your fingers up under his hair to the back of his neck. You weren't really thinking about what you were doing. Now that you were touching him, it was like you couldn't stop. You pressed your fingers lightly against his skin, rubbing the muscles underneath in circles. You kept edging your fingers closer to his hair line until you were massaging his scalp.

Loki leaned his head back into your touch, goosebumps trailing up his arms. His head was tilted back far enough that you could see his face, and for the first time in a while, he looked like he was at peace. You couldn't remember the last time someone had taken care of him, and in doing this for him you felt like you were letting him know he didn't have to do anything alone. You would be there for him, always.

Caught up in the moment, you pressed a tender kiss to Loki's forehead and when you pulled your head back, you stilled. Did you really just kiss the god of mischief's face? You pulled your hands back from his hair and Loki straightened, turning to face you.

Your face flushed and you started to apologize, "I'm sorry, I don't know wh-" Your voice faltered as Loki wrapped his arms around your waist and tugged you into him.

You fell forward a little since you were on your knees, your hands resting on Loki's shoulders to keep you steady. Loki shifted you so you were straddling him, your head just an inch or two above his. Your breathing hitched as Loki's gaze flickered to your lips before meeting your eyes again.

You didn't realize how much you wanted this, him, until now. Loki trailed one of his hands up to cradle the back of your head, pulling you down slightly to capture your lips with his own.

You melted into him, wrapping your arms around his neck and curling your fingers in his hair. Loki kissed you in a way that you'd never been kissed before, with an intense fervor that made you feel like there was no one else in the world, just the two of you and this moment.

After a few more moments of ethereal bliss, he pulled his head away slightly to catch his breath. You felt a little lightheaded, dazed even. You couldn't stop staring at his mouth and you actually craved the feeling of his soft mouth against yours. Loki must've been feeling the same way because it was only a few seconds before he pressed his lips to yours again.

The two of you were tangled up in each other, hands and mouths pushing and pulling, giving and taking at different moments. You were breathless and faintly trembling when the kiss ended, feeling a little lost without his warmth.

And that was how the god of mischief ended up asking you on a date.

————————————————————