Chapter Two

*Harley's POV*

"-Peter, meet Harley. He's going to be helping us out in the lab for a while."

I looked over to see a shorter boy in the doorway. He looked like a deer caught in headlights with his wide doe eyes and his curly brown hair and-

Wait.

No, this is not the time to be checking out cute boys.

Wait, did I just call him cute?

I was pulled out of my thoughts with the sound of Tony's voice.

"So, kid, can you show Harley around the compound so this idiot doesn't get lost?" Tony asked Peter.

"Hey! That wasn't very nice old man!" I exclaimed, mock offended.

Tony just chuckled and sent us off.

~

*Peter's POV*

Mr. Stark had sent us off and I was panicking.

Like, really panicking.

Knowing me, I would probably make an idiot of myself in front of him just because I think he's hot.

I mean, it's not like he would think of me that way.

Right?

~

We made our way around the compound awkwardly while I showed him around.

"So...uh...I'm Peter Parker. Wait, fuck you already knew that," I said nervously, earning a chuckle from Harley.

"It's alright darlin'," he replied with a southern drawl.

I tried not to panic from his accent but I was on the verge of failing.

"So, where you from?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"I'm from Rose Hill, Tennessee," he answered.

"Really?" I said, surprised. "How did you meet Mr. Stark then?"

Harley scratched the back of his neck and chuckled.

"Well, uh, it's a bit of a long story," he said. "Basically the old man broke in to my garage, I threatened to shoot potatoes at him, and he nearly got us killed."

I stared at him dumbfounded for a minute, but I couldn't hold back the laughter. Soon, we were both in hysterics, which earned us both weird looks from people passing by.

Eventually, we managed to calm down and Harley faced me.

"Well, how did you meet Tony?" he asked.

I racked my brain looking for something to say other than "I'm Spider-man."

"Well...I applied for a internship and, uh, I got it, and that's about it," I managed to stumble out.

Harley studied me for a minute, seemingly unsure. After a while, his face broke out in a smile.

"Wait, if we're in the Avengers Compound, does that mean we get to meet THE Avengers?" he asked

I laughed at his childlike excitement.

"I mean, it is called the Avengers Compound," I said to him.

"Cool!" he exclaimed.

*Harley's POV*

We eventually toured the entire compound and ended up back at the lab. I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to spend more time with Peter, though.

"So, how was the tour?" Mr. Stark asked.

"I mean, I had a pretty good tour guide so..." I said, then winking at Peter.

"Did you show him the living quarters and where he will be staying?" Mr. Stark questioned.

"I, uhh, may have forgotten that part," Peter said, trying to hide his embarrassment.

I stifled a laugh, which made Peter glare at me. But that just made me laugh more.

Mr. Stark looked over at us and said, "Well, don't just stand there. Go show him!"

~

Peter showed me over to my room. I walked in and sharply inhaled.

"Holy shit!"

Suddenly, there was a clanging coming from somewhere. It sounded like it was coming from...the vents?

Then, I was tackled to the ground by something falling from the ceiling.

"You know, Captain America doesn't like that kind of language," said the voice of the person that was fucking sitting on me.

"Oof, can you get off of me," I gasped out from under him.

"Oh yeah, sorry," he said and then helped me up.

"I'm Clint, AKA Hawkeye, AKA the coolest avenger," he introduced.

"AKA Katniss, AKA Legolas, AKA-" Peter added on.

"Okay, okay, I think he gets the point," Clint grumbled.

I stood there for a second, not really sure what to do in front of a fucking avenger.

"And you are..." Clint asked. unsure.

"Shit, yeah. I'm Harley Keener. I'm here to help out Tony," I said, holding out a hand for him to shake.

"Cool-" but before Clint could say anything else, he was cut off by a screaming voice.

"CLINT FUCKING BARTON! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU PAINT MY SUIT HOT PINK!"

Clint went ghostly pale. "Fuck, uh, I got to go." He then jumped back up to the vents and escaped.

I looked at Peter quizzically, who was chuckling.

"He's totally dead," he said.

I was about to reply when I remembered my room. I went around the room and examined everything.

"Damn, this room is like gigantic," I said in awe.

Peter laughed and said, "I mean, it's Mr. Stark, he has to be extra."

"Yeah..." I laughed looking at Peter.

We both awkwardly stared at each other in silence. Peter was blushing profusely and I could feel heat rising to my cheeks.

Then, a piercing shriek cut through the silence.

"Well, looks like it's time to plan Clint's funeral."

A/N: I'll probably continue this story just because I have a lot of time on my hands in quarantine.

Stay safe <3