5 - despair

Namjoon doesn't like the idea of splitting up either but he thinks with the little time they have and for Jihyun and Ami's sake, there isn't really much of a choice.

So despite everyone's bickering, Namjoon deems planning as the main priority. Sure, the death threats Yoonji and Jimin fling at each other are bothersome, but he tries to not let that get to him.

And that's how Namjoon figures out the ambiguity of the whole situation— with little to almost no clear information of Jihyun and Ami's whereabouts, the group will have to risk searching both of the campus' main buildings in order to conserve time and energy.

Yoonji mirrors Namjoon's thoughts by saying splitting up is a possible suicide— given the current circumstances, of course it is. It's why he balanced the most offensive based people in the group by splitting them across both teams.

The Min twins— is there really anything to say about them? Yoonji's bat is threatening enough and Yoongi can destroy both the living and the dead with his words alone. Jimin is a boxer, he's good with his fists. And Taehyung...

For a moment, Namjoon thinks his plan is full-proof. When they separate to inspect the two main buildings, he's confident that one of them will find Jihyun and Ami and that they'll all reunite unscathed.

Which is why he thinks their current scenario is so strange— the moment Jungkook opens the main doors, they're attacked by a horde of zombies. And now Namjoon is stabbing rotting heads with a knife, this isn't really something he considered in his plan.

Yoonji swings her bat. It crushes a zombie's skull and its brains explode out of its head. "Fuck, there's so many!"

"They better be in here!," Yoongi hisses as he dodges a zombie that pounces at him. "Cos if not, I swear to God—"

Jungkook stands at the very back. Although it's obvious that he's trying to keep his composure, there's still an anxious expression on his face.

"Guess I should have gotten a weapon, huh?," Jungkook says with an awkward grin.

"You think?!," Yoongi screams and slashes a zombie's throat.

Namjoon stands in front of Jungkook with his knife out. "Just stay behind me and you'll be fine."

Although Jungkook doesn't say anything, Namjoon can tell that he's more than regretful. He wields his knife and watches closely. In front of them, the Min twins are dealing with the undead.

But some get through them and that's expected. So it's Namjoon's job to take care of the zombies that slip through their defenses.

"How are we going to investigate with these fuckers in the way?!," Yoongi screams.

"We get rid of them!," Yoonji swings her bat again. "What else are we supposed to do?!"

"If we take up too much time then—"

"Shut up!," Yoonji hisses. "We are rescuing them, no matter what!"

Hearing Yoonji's words, Namjoon starts to think. He glanced behind for a quick second and sees nothing out of silence. The silence from their other group makes him assume that they've entered the building safely.

That's good, at least they're doing much better— Namjoon thinks to himself. Still, he wishes that they're group could be in much better circumstances as well.

Namjoon thinks and thinks. They need a plan— right now. Every second of delay brings more danger to him and his group. He glances at Jungkook, who watches anxiously with his doe eyes even wider than usual.