Castaway

A few weeks had past and the crew adopted the name 'Lady Captain' for Nina. After the engagement she had moved into Jaden's room and they were practically married. Rayford had gotten accustomed speaking with Nina when Jaden was too busy for words. Today was one of the days Nina had the pleasure of waking up in her fiance's arms.

Jaden kissed her head as the sun peeked through the porthole window in their cabin. Nina smiled, ever so sweetly, up at Jaden and giggled as she spoke.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, lovely." Jaden smiled back. "What do you have planned for today, Lady Captain?"

"I actually wanted to talk to you today." Nina chuckled. Her white hair lay spread across the naked chest of her lover. To Jaden she looked like an angel sent to keep a smile on his face.

And what are we talking about today?" Jaden asked happily remembering previous talks.

Since becoming Jaden's fiance, Nina had began asking him about all sorts of things. First it was why he became a pirate, which he answered, by telling a story of him loving the ocean from a young age but hating rules. Then she asked about random things. Favorite color, food preferences, women's hair styles, his type of women, if he liked animals, and other sorts of strange topic. Jaden was never surprised by what Nina could think up. He was just hoping she wouldn't bring up the one thing he refused to talk about.

"We should have a child together." Nina giggled and cuddled closer to Jaden.

And there it was. Jaden purposely stayed away from children so Nina wouldn't bring it up.

"No." Jaden spat as he rolled Nina off him and stood with a face drained of all emotion.

He walked to the closet of clothes, while Nina looked up at him confused from the bed. Jaden looked as if he didn't want to talk about it, but Nina must have been still waking up, for she pressed the matter.

"Why not? We would have the cutest child." Nina stood and held her Captain from behind. She nuzzled her face into his back saying, "I see how you act with Peter. You would make aa great father."

"I said no, Nina." He pushed Nina's hands away and headed for the door before adding, "Drop the subject. I won't have it."

He slammed the door shut behind him, leaving Nina naked in the middle of the room and confused. She didn't understand why he was so against it. Jaden didn't seem to hate children. Maybe he was afraid to bring a child into the world? Could he not have kids? Was he worried about not having time for children? Maybe he thought he wouldn't be a good father, or maybe Nina wouldn't be a good mother? Nina had to know, so she quickly dressed and left the cabin too. She scouted the deck and saw Jaden and Rayford leaning on the railing and looking out onto the ocean. She decided to join them.

"Its so blue today. Isn't it, boys?" She asked standing next to Rayford.

"She be very pretty Lady Cap'an. She sure be." Rayford answered in his usual happy matter.