devotion. [1].

"[Name]-chan?"

           "[Name]-chan?"

           Said female turned, bright innocent eyes gazing at the elder women that had called out her name. "Yes, misses Rosebury?" She smiled, eyes crinkling cutely.

          ah, [name] [last name], a women that owned one of the best flower shops in town. not a lot of people went by just for the flowers, they mostly went by to ask for her hand in marriage. Of course, she denied each and every one of them, annoyed that all only wanted to marry her for her, surprisingly, cute looks.

         But, that wasn't the only reason why.

          "is there something you need?" she kindly asked the old women. The women smiled softly as she held s finger tip to her slightly crusted lips. "well, there is just one thing—"

          the women was cut off when the familiar jingle of trumpets began to burst through the air.

         "All of you! Bow before your prince!" The prince himself came walking out of his carriage, his cold silver eyes glaring whoever dared to defy him. His hair, a bright and pretty red, being covered by his yellow golden crown, signifying his stature of high status.

          "Where is [Name]?" He demanded.

          It was also because of how close she was with the prince himself.

     Everyone had gone silent. Quickly, [Name] gave a smile to the woman and headed to the front of the store, waving at the prince. "Ah, good morning to you, my highness. Is everything alright?" He frowned. "Why the hell are you calling me highness? Just call me Riddle." He huffed.

          She sweat dropped a small smile. "I- Im not sure if i have the authority or right to, so its fine." She then perked up, remembering the old women. "Ah, im sorry, but i do have customers. If you want, you can sit and wait for me." She smiled. Riddle simply gave an annoyed look, crossing his arms.

        "Are you kidding me? These peasants—" He caught his tongue when he seen the frown that covered her face, the words getting stuck in his throat. Clearing himself, he worded what he was saying differently. "These... people, can wait. I need you to come with me, now." She gave a desperate look.

         "But my shop—" He turned to his guards. "Stay and take cover for her. You don't know how to? I do not care. If i come back to see you haven't done a thing," His eyes darkened.

        "It'll be off with your heads."

        The two guards began to sweat a bit but nodded. "We have your word, your majesty." Nodding, Riddle grabbed her smaller hand and led her out of the store and began to walk with the female being dragged behind him.

——

            "What's... the matter, Riddle..?"

          The two sat next to each other at what they used to call their "secret place", watching as the trees blew gently in the wind. Riddle kept the frown on his face as his hair was gently rustled. It was obvious something was bothering the latter, making her wonder what it was.

            "Is there any way you can tell me what's the matter? Is there anything i can do?" She gave a worried look, bright orbs reflecting the sadness she felt. "[Name], be honest with me." she honestly was confused, but wanting to be there for him, she nodded. "Of course."

         Softly, his hand grasped hers. "If i had to get married off to someone, how would you feel?" She looked down, heart thumping in horror and grief. "I... Im honestly sad." This made his heart pound, wondering if it was the same reason why his heart would do the same if she were to get married.

         "If your talking about arranged marriages, I wouldn't like that to happen, because you should be able to marry whoever you wish. Marriage is a bond between those who love each other very so, not a way to gain more status of wealth." She squeezed his hand. "But... if you wish to get married to whoever the person is," She, for some reason, felt her heart ache at that thought.

          "Then i want you to. Don't worry about me." Gripping her hand tightly, he grew annoyed. "What, are you an idiot? Why would i ever want to get married to someone else?" She burst into laughter, watching as he huffed. "You must really be turning into those peasants if you think i actually want to get married." He rolled his eyes, but then suddenly turned back to her.

       "[name], i need you to do a favor for me." She raised an eyebrow. "A favor? What.. type of favor?" Rising to his feet, Riddle looked down upon her as the sun's sunset began to glisten over him. This sight caused her eyes to wide as she watched him reach his hand out.

       "I want you, [Name] [Last name], to act as my wife."