2. Farewell Party

Sakusa POV
(In the Motoya household ~ one hr before party)

I casually sit down at the kitchen table as I watch my cousin, Komori, decorate his house for the farewell party that he's hosting for Haruka.

Balloons and streamers are covering the entire house to the point that my eyes hurt from looking at too many different colors at a single glance. Meanwhile the table is filled with an assortment of food and sweet desserts.

What I find the most unbelievable is the banner that says 'We'll miss you!!!' hanging on the wall. I'm pretty sure Komori is over exaggerating with all this. He already knows that Haruka is still technically in the Tokyo Prefecture but will be attending Fukurodani Academy instead of here. If she really wanted to, she can visit us any time or facetime if she really wanted to.

Just looking at the decorations and him working on all of this makes me tired, he's such a busybody. Not that I'm not, cleaning is necessary, but this on the other hand, not so much. 

I felt like Haruka would have been fine with any small farewell gift like knee pads but Komori really went out of his way to prepare this party.

When he invited me over a few hours ago, I just expected some snacks laid out on the table and maybe a few board games out but instead he took the time to do all of this. I didn't expect this much dedication from him.

"Kiyoomi don't just stand there. Help me blow some balloons," Komori pleads again for my help as he exhaustingly blows another balloon.

I put my hand up. "I'm good. I don't want my mouth around that plastic dirty thing," I bluntly tell him and he sighs.

"If you were just going to sit there and watch me. I would've never invited you over so early," Komori admits and I shrug.

"I could come here anytime I want anyways. I'm your cousin," I smirk.

He facepalms himself. "It's hard to believe sometimes."

Ring

Komori's cell phone rings and a text notification appears on the screen.

"Who is it?" Komori asks and I check his cell phone.

"It's captain," I answer.

"Can you check the text for me?" Komori tells me and I swipe the notification then enter his password.

"The whole team is with me, we'll be over in 30 minutes," I read the message aloud.

Komori sighs in relief. "At least the team is going to come here and help—-What are you doing?"

I take out my face mask from my bag. "Getting my face mask ready for when they come over," I tell him and he stares at me with a stupefied look.

"Why?" He asks.

"It's a party, we will be surrounded by too many people. I don't want to get sick," I explain to him like it was a no-brainer.

"It's only the boys and girls volleyball team coming over," Komori tells me with a deadpan look.

I shrug. "You can never be too safe."

"I'm not surprised at this point," Komori mumbles and continues decorating the house again as he tries to make it perfect for today.

I don't understand why he's trying so hard.

Compared to me, Komori has always been one to put his efforts in everything he does so he could achieve in doing his ultimate best. I'm similar to that in the way that I'm the type to not leave things undone but that's because it's a pet peeve of mine to see something finished halfway and incomplete.