A Rocky Beginning

And here we go again. XD

Hope you all enjoy my Isolation Writing Frenzy :D

{Author's POV}-Mind Palace

     "I do not like it." Logan vocalized once Roman and Virgil finished explaining the recent events to him, as well as their idea. 

    "Well, let's not be so...blunt, Logan. I'm not quite sure it's the safest idea, bringing three of...them here. Not that anything bad would happen, but, I'm not sure, Virgil." Patton said, trying to tread lightly in fear of upsetting his son. 

    "It's a terrible idea. For one thing, this could be a trap. They could be tricking us into giving Virgil right to them, so his brother can corrupt him, merge, and corrupt Thomas." 

    Virgil flinched, wincing as the voice screamed in his head, agreeing with Logan's statements. 

    What if it is a trap?

    What if Sadness lied to you? 

    They're going to come for you, and take you, and destroy you.

    "Virgil, kiddo, what's wrong?" Patton asked, noticing the visible shift in Virgil's demeanor. 

    Virgil's head swiveled sideways, twisting as his eyes shut in concentration. He huffed, shaking his head. "He won't...shut...up," he grumbled. 

    "What is he saying?" Tristan wondered from his seat on the end of the couch. 

    "It's a trap. They're coming for me. They're going to kill me." Virgil said, feeling his hands begin to tremble. 

    "Virgil, breathe." Tristan said. His eyes glowed a dim tint of orange as he helped Virgil ease into a calmer state of mind. Over time, he'd grown better at positive doubt, and his power had grown. 

    "He says it's a trap, but...I trust Brennan with my life. He's not a liar, and while Remus is...strange, Deceit is practically all he has. He would come up with a better excuse than Deceit being hurt. The thought of that would drive him mad."

   "This is crazy. I can get to Remus's house. I can confirm the story, and report back." Tristan said with a frustrated groan. 

    "If it is a trap, they could take you. Besides, if that's the case and Deceit catches you, he'll kill you. It's out of the question." Virgil said. 

    "Well then what do we do? How are we even supposed to get a message to them?" argued Tristan.

    After a long silence, Virgil's voice piped up. "The mirror..."

    "NO!"Roman shouted, making Virgil jump. "No, we cannot do that. Your brother could be the one answering the phones, Virgil." 

    "Virgil," Tristan said, "How do you feel? Not him, not us. What does your instinct say?" 

    Virgil didn't know what to think. Well, he did, but the side going to war within his brain was a different matter. He was screaming, voice echoing in his head. It was giving him a headache, and interrupting his own thoughts, so much that it scrambled his brain. His gut, however, had its own opinion. 

    "Like I said...I trust Bren. He would never lie to me, and he would never side with the others. He'd...let them kill him before that. I say...we do it." 

    "We have to consider the possibility that it was not Brennan you were speaking to, Virgil. Deceit has tricked us before, and if he is not hurt, that very well could have been him in disguise."