Chapter 1

Hikaru Hoshina is an imaginative and curious middle school girl who loves constellations and space. Together with her friends Lala, Elena, Madoka, and Yuni, they are the Star Twinkle Pretty Cure team. Lately, Hikaru has been hooked on an animated TV show about space called Steven Universe. She got her friends hooked on it too, along with their alien friends Fuwa and Prunce. One night, everyone was having a pajama party in their rocket that they use to travel Starry Sky Galaxy. They were also watching a Steven Universe marathon. After a long night of watching episodes and eating snacks, it was time for bed. The girls brushed their teeth, said goodnight to each other, and went to bed. They fell asleep pretty quickly because of the long night they had and how tired they were.

At some point, Hikaru began to have a dream. She was sitting on the beach and staring at the ocean. "Huh?...Am I at the beach?...How did I get here?..." she thought. Hikaru still felt tired so she rubbed her eyes to make her feel more awake. When she opened her eyes again, this time she saw Lala standing next to her. "Lala? What are you doing in my dream?" she asked. "Your dream? This is my dream~lun" Lala replied. Hikaru had a confused look on her face. "Hikaru! Lala!" a voice called out. Hikaru and Lala turned around to see Elena, Madoka, Yuni, Fuwa, and Prunce running to them. "Everyone!" Hikaru and Lala called back, surprised to see them. When their friends caught up to them, they all panted. "How are you all here?" Hikaru asked. "Just a minute ago, we were all asleep and the next thing we knew, we woke up here" Yuni explained. "It's possible that we could all be sharing the same one" said Madoka. Then Lala noticed Elena holding something. "Elena, what's that you're holding~lun?" she asked. "When we woke up, we found this book" Elena said, showing everyone what looked like an old-fashioned storybook. Everyone looked at it and found it mysterious. "What do you think is inside~de purunsu?" Prunce asked. "There's only one way to find out" said Hikaru as Elena handed her the book.

Everyone got close together to hear the story. Hikaru opened the book and began to read. "Once upon a time, the Gem Homeworld was ruled by Diamonds," she read. "White, Yellow, Blue, and the littlest Diamond, Pink. While the other Diamonds conquered many worlds across the galaxy, Pink had only one: the planet Earth. One day, Pink fled the comforts of Homeworld. On Earth, she made a new home, new friends, and finally, new life, giving up her form to bequeath her gem to her half-human son. Without Pink, gemkind entered an era of despair. But when Steven Universe learned of his heritage, he reunited with his fellow Diamonds and championed a new era of peace and freedom across the furthest reaches of space." Hikaru closed the book and had a huge smile on her face. "Do you know what this means?" she asked her friends. "We're in Beach City~fuwa!" Fuwa exclaimed. "Glitterific!" Hikaru said excitedly. Hikaru and Fuwa both spun around and did a happy dance. Everyone else just looked excited. "This is where all of the characters live~lun!" Lala exclaimed. "Yeah! But we don't know if they are here or somewhere else" said Madoka. "Are you kidding? We're in their hometown so they got to be here~meow!" said Yuni. "And maybe we can meet them and all be friends!" said Elena.

Suddenly, something fell out of the sky and hit Prunce on the head. "Ow!" he rubbed his head. "Huh? What's this?" Yuni picked up what looked like a pink gemstone. Hikaru and Fuwa stopped dancing and went over to take a look. Yuni tapped the gemstone and a hologram appeared showing a boy with curly black hair, a pink jacket, a blue under shirt with a yellow star on it, blue jean shorts, and sandals. "Glitterific! It's Steven!" Hikaru exclaimed. "How's it going, everybody? I know you all might be thinking of me as the new Pink Diamond, but you don't have to put me on a throne. I already have a rightful place, and it's on Earth. It's a beach house, where I live with my friends, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. As much as I've loved dismantling the empire and saving all your planets, I can't wait to get home and spend some quality time with my friends." said Steven. After the message ended, the hologram disappeared. "What was all that about?" asked Elena. Steven looked older than what everyone was watching before and it confused them. Then Hikaru suddenly realized the situation. "I know what's going on! We're in the movie where everyone is in the future!" she said. "The movie?" everyone asked. "Yes. We haven't gotten this far yet in the series, but if we're in Beach City right now, that means we're gonna be in the movie!" said Hikaru. This excited everybody. "Sounds nice! I wonder what happens in the future" said Elena.

"Look! There's the beach house~de purunsu!" Prunce pointed. Everyone looked behind them to see the beach house where Steven and the Crystal Gems live. They gasped in amazement. "It really is their home!" Madoka said in awe. She looked closer to see a girl on the balcony. "Is that...Connie?" Madoka wondered. Fuwa's horn began to glow in all colors of the rainbow. Then she used her powers to warp herself and her friends to the balcony. Connie screamed and jumped back in alarm as unknown strangers suddenly appeared in front of her. "Fuwa, you actually warped us to the right place this time" Hikaru said. "I guess I did~fuwa" Fuwa smiled. "Who are you? Where did you come from?" Connie asked, still alarmed. "Oh, sorry. My name's Hikaru Hoshina and I love space and constellations" Hikaru introduced herself. Connie started at Fuwa in shock. "Is that a real unicorn?" she pointed. "Fuwa is actually an alien like me~de purunsu" said Prunce. "A-An alien?" Connie asked. "Yes. My name's Prunce~de purunsu" said Prunce. "Prunce de purunsu?" Connie raised a brow. "Just Prunce" said Prunce. Lala cleared her throat and turned Connie's attention toward her. "Lala" she said. "Is that your name?" Connie asked. Lala nodded. "I'm an alien too~lun" she said. "My name's Elena" said Elena. "Good day. I'm Madoka" Madoka greeted. "My name is Yuni" said Yuni. Connie noticed Yuni's cat ears and tail. "Are you an actual cat?" she asked. "That's right~meow" Yuni winked.

"Well then, it's nice to meet you guys. I'm Connie Maheswaran." Connie said. "We're actually looking for the Crystal Gems, Steven Universe, and his father Greg Universe." Hikaru explained. "Oh, Steven should be here soon" Connie smiled. "I wanna see him before I have to leave for a while from Beach City." "Where are you headed?" Elena asked. "I'm going to space camp this summer." Connie smiled proudly. "That sounds so cool~fuwa" Fuwa smiled back. "So, I'm assuming you guys aren't from Beach City?" Connie asked. "No. So where is Steven?" said Madoka. "You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you unless you were from around here." Connie said a bit bashfully. "Try us" said Yuni. "Well, my friend Steven is up in outer space right now," Connie began to explain. "White Diamond wanted to speak with him along with Blue and Yellow Diamonds. The Diamonds are very high and noble in the world of the Crystal Gems from what the others had told me. "Is he giving an announcement with them or something~lun?" Lala asked. "Yes, he's being asked to ascend to the throne with them as 'the new Pink Diamond'." Connie replied. That was what everyone thought. They saw Steven give an announcement not too long ago. "Do you know when he's coming back?" Yuni asked. "I'm not sure, but I hope it's soon," Connie replied. "I really wanna see Steven before I have to leave." "Ooh... Is Steven more than just a friend to you?" Hikaru smirked. "...Maybe?" Connie blushed from that question. "Ooh, that blush tells us that he's more than just a friend." Hikaru teased playfully. Connie blushed a bit more. "Oh! Uh, I think Steven's coming now." she said bashfully.