chapter four

Charlotte's head was pounding

Charlotte's head was pounding. She definitely needed a break from the palace. There was always so much drama, she never catches a break from it. She decided to leave the palace.

She put on some normal clothes, ones that didn't make her look like she was the Princess of England. She left the palace and went to a nearby bench. She looked out onto the river. The city looked beautiful at night. There were so many colorful lights that lit up the river. Charlotte took in its beauty.

A few minutes before she decided to leave, she heard a voice behind her. "Charlotte?" said a well recognized voice. She turned around and saw her father. Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows, "Father? What are you doing here?" Her father gave her a look, "I should be asking you that."

Charlotte sighed, "I needed a break. There's always so much drama in the palace." Simon nodded understandingly. Charlotte looked over to her father, "Are you really thinking about abolishing the monarchy?" Her father nodded, "Would you be fine with that?"

"Most definitely, I am so sick and tired of all the petty drama." she said. "Let's say I do it. What would you become?" her father asked sincerely. Charlotte thought about it for awhile. "I think that I would like to be a detective. It's fun to solve mysteries and whodunnits" she said when she made up her mind. 

Simon raised his eyebrows, "Wow! That's is most definitely an interesting choice. It suits your bright mind." Charlotte smiled, "Would you really be okay with me doing something like that?" "Of course! I will always love and support whatever you choose," her father exclaimed. Charlotte hugged her father and he hugged her back. "I love you father," she says. "I love you too, Lottie."

Charlotte smiled at her father, "Do you want to walk around the city?" Simon smiled at his daughter, "I would love to." Together, they walked around the city. Suddenly, Charlotte decided to speak up.

"I miss Robby," she said. Her father put an arm around her shoulders. "I miss him too. Very dearly," he stated. Charlotte shook her head, "Why did he have to go? We were supposed to meet up that day after his mission." Tears were threatening to spill out from her eyes. Her father hugged and comforted her. 

Charlotte yawned and began to feel tired. Simon took note of that decided that it would be best if they went back to the palace. "Come on, Lottie. Let's go back." Charlotte nodded slowly and they got up and walked back to the palace.

Quietly, they snuck back into the palace. Before they departed to their chambers, Charlotte hugged her father. "Thank you, I had a wonderful night." she said. Simon shook his head, "No. Thank you. You've opened my eyes to many things." "Goodnight, father." "Goodnight, Lottie."