Cul-de-sac Romance

It was finally a sunny day when I entered Double D's cul-de-sac. I looked around, and jumped when I saw Ed standing perfectly still in the middle of someone's lawn. "Ed!" I shouted in surprise. "(y/n!) This is my house!" He yelled back.

"Wait, you live here too?"

"Yes. Eddy, double D and I are all neighbors. We are like brothers, or brown gravy and pudding skin." 

"Oh." I said. "That actually explains a lot." Ed motioned for me to come closer, so I took a few steps onto his lawn so he was close enough to whisper in my ear. "I think Eddy likes you." Eddy? Is that why they were all acting so strange?

"He does? How do you know?"

"I don't. But Eddy acts weird every time you're around. And he keeps looking at Double D whenever you hang out with us. Maybe because he's too shy to look at you." Eddy sure didn't seem shy to me. 

"What's up (y/n)!" called a voice from behind me. I spun to see Nazz and Kevin, walking hand in hand, so I waved. "Hey dudes!" 

"Yo (y/n)!" hollered back Kevin. "Did you finish the research for history class?"

"Nope."

Kevin laughed. "Me neither! Hey, I see your other dorks coming." I looked and saw Eddy and Double D sauntering down the street. Double D was wearing a T shirt and board shorts today... looking very cute. I noticed the start of a shadow beard around his face. Although he always wears a beanie, I can tell his hair is clean and neatly combed. I wonder what's under that hat. "(y/n)! There you are." He exclaimed, snapping me out of my dreamlike, Double D based stupor. "Hey guys."

"We're all hanging out in Rolf's yard." explained Eddy. "Nazz and Kevin just went to get 'soda'". He put air quotes around the word "soda" for some reason. Before I could ask what it actually was, if not soda, Eddy was herding us all over to Rolf's from yard. "Well, I'm gonna go get us some snacks. Uh...Ed! Why don't you come help me." 

"I'm ready for snacks Eddy!" he answered.

"So...(y/n) and Double D! Just stay here and hang out why don'cha? Be right back!" Eddy rushed into Rolf's house, practically dragging Ed with him." 

"Hm. That was odd." I remarked. Was Eddy too nervous to even be around me? Maybe he did like me. "Oh, well, you know Eddy." Double D laughed, a bit awkwardly.  

"Is everything cool with you guys? It seems like Eddy is trying to hide something." I was hoping I could get Double D to confess weather Eddy was crushing on me or not. He seemed the most honest, and we were becoming closer friends every day. "No!" his response startled me. "Um, no, not at all. Eddy just gets that way. Sometimes. Y-you'll understand once you get to know him better, I'm sure." Double D just started mumbling, staring at the ground and wouldn't look me in the face. "Hey, Double D, you can tell me what's up. Y'know?"

"Yes. Um. I'll be back shortly (y/n) wait right here!" He skittered off into the house after the other boys. This is so bazaar. If we're going to be friends, these guys can't keep obviously hiding things from me. I decided to go in after them and listen to whatever they were talking about. I walked slowly into Rolf's house. Ed and Eddy were in the fist room I saw. "Hey, you two. What's going on?" The guys both just stood there, staring blankly. Eddy began to speak, but I cut him off. "And where is Double D?" Eddy said nothing, just stared back at me looking defeated. I locked eyes with Ed next, and we started each other down for a moment until Ed's eyes darted briefly to a door behind Eddy. I stormed over to the door. Eddy tried to get in my way, but I pushed past. "Wait, (y/n!)"I opened the door to see Rolf's kitchen. I scanned the room and saw... Double D. And Kevin. Nazz's Kevin. In the corner, arms intertwined, and... mouths as well. "Oh." Was all that escaped my lips. When Double D noticed me, he broke away from Kevin and stared at me with eyes wide. "(y/n!)" I had no idea what to do so I just walked out. What the hell? Kevin has a girlfriend! This is so awkward! My head was spinning. Eddy hollered after me."(y/n)! Wait!" I spun to face him.

"Why?"

"B-because..." He grunted in frustration. "Oh, forget it." I just decided to go home. It seemed like Double D wasn't the guy for me after all.