Hold Me Til Morning

Prompt: "Shh, You're safe. I won't let you go.

Jack x Reader

Word Count: 1.6k

Warnings: Nightmares, Language 

A/N: This is my first ever Jack fic! Also, on my tumblr I just hit 1.7k followers, so I am hosting a giveaway! Be sure to head on over for your chance to win! You can find me at WonderfulWorldOfWinchester. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being stuck around the bunker kinda sucks, but I guess that's the price you pay for being reckless. Damn shapeshifter. At least, the crutches are gone. No more hopping all over the place. You had begged Sam and Dean to let you go with them, even if you just had to sit in the motel room and see no action other than research. Yea, That went over well. About as well as a lead balloon. "Hell no!"

"Why?" You protested, crossing your arms over your chest. Dean stuck his hand out and pushed against your shoulder causing you to step back to regain your balance. Sharp pain shot to your knee as you foot came down, "ah shit!"

He raised his brows and pointed, "That's why!". You swore your eyes would bore a hole right through him if you glared any harder. "Look, it sucks. I get it. You'll be back out there in no time, but it's just too big a risk right now. Let it heal."

Sam gave a sympathetic look over his brother's shoulder, "He's right. You need to heal up."

"Ugh. Fine." You threw yourself down in the chair by the table. "I'll be here to answer your every beckon like a freaking secretary."

"Y/N-"

"I know. I know." You waved them off, "Research is every bit important. Sometimes more important," Your tone was nothing less than mockery as you sneered out every word. "It saves lives. You're still on the team."

A week later, the phone rang for the millionth time, "What now? So help me god, Sam Winchester, if you woke me up to ask some stupid ass question again..."

You could hear Dean's laughter in the background as well as the bitch face Sam was wearing when he spoke, "Actually, we're headed home. Be there about noon tomorrow." He paused for a moment, "And we have someone with us."

"What? Who?!" You demanded answers, but were met with none.

"We'll explain when we get there." The phone called ended with a click, and only added to your racing train of thought.

When the door opened the next day, you damn near competed in the Olympics to get over there to see who the hell they had with them. He was just a boy. Huh? He looked around the room with a child-like wonder. So curious about every little detail, wanting to understand it all, but without any context. His smile was wide and warm when his eyes landed on you, "you must be Y/N!"

Cutting your eyes at the boys you gave a small nod, "Yea. Who are you?"

His voice again carried an innocence to it like a child that almost made it eerie, "I'm Jack."

Sam stepped forward with what you can only assume was supposed to be a reassuring smile, "Y/N, this is Jack Kline-"

Your head popped back and your eyes went wide, "Certainly, not Kline as in Kelly Kline. As in the Devil's mistress, and mother of the freaking spawn of Satan."

"I know right." Dean chimed in, "That's what I said."

Cue the bitch face from Sam, "Look he's not like his father, and he needs us. Plus, you know, keep 'em closer and all."