9. Midnight Stanger

Why does it feel so weird to wake up to an empty bed? 

If you think about it, you've woken up alone for most of your life. So why is it so different when you fall asleep with someone there? 

I stared at the space he was at when I fell asleep and listened to the noises from outside. 

My chest started to feel tight and heavy when I woke up to an empty bed. I looked out the window to see stars. I rolled over and looked at the clock. 

It was nearly midnight. What could he possibly be doing this late?

I sighed and sat up, holding my head as it ached from sleeping so much. 

Why the hell should I care about him? He's trapping me here.

My body felt stiff, probably for the same reason.

I looked over at the TV to see it was still on. I looked around and found the remote on the nightstand. I started flicking through the channels. It was hard to find anything this late. I sighed and decided on a documentary. I laid back down and watched it. It was only on to fill the silence. 

I started to get bored with it and looked out the window. There were still lights on. Probably from apartments, everything else would be closed. 

I wonder what they're doing this late? I was never up past ten so I wouldn't know how to pass the time. 

My mom used to take me out on walks before the curfew was initiated. The night was always comforting. You would see everything from a whole new perspective. 

I smiled softly at the thought. 

The walks stopped when the curfew was initiated. My mom didn't let that stop her from enjoying the night though. She would open the windows and turn out the lights. Sometimes we would sit on the balcony.

A flash caught my attention and brought me out of my thoughts.

I looked up towards it and smiled. I watched a few dashes of light zip across the sky before vanishing from sight. 

It's been forever since I've seen a meteor shower. I enjoyed the show for the time it lasted. I kept staring at the sky and sighed as I closed my eyes. 

If only I could go back to being a kid. Before all this started. I wouldn't take the freedom I had for granted again. 

I opened my eyes again and looked down at the city. I narrowed my eyes slightly when there were less lights than before. A section of the city went black. Another soon followed. 

I sighed as I watched the power go out throughout the city.

It wasn't long before it reached here. The TV clicked and buzzed as it shut off.

I groaned slightly. You would think somewhere so important would have its own power source. 

I stared at the TV for a while before getting up. 

Might as well do something now that the power is out. 

I looked around the room and narrowed my eyes slightly, "I can't see shit..."

I stumbled slightly as I felt around the room, "There was a candle here somewhere..." 

I froze when I heard gunshots. The fire stopped briefly and there was an uncomfortable silence.

"There!" 

More gunfire sounded out.

I quickly fell to the floor and brought my knees to my chest. I covered my ears to block out the noise, "The fuck...?" 

I flinched when the door opened. I squinted as I tried to see, "Todoroki...?"

I bit my lip when I didn't get an answer, "What the hell? You're being creepy..."

I slowly stood up again and chewed on my cheek, "Is... Is that you...? 

I looked around when I didn't get an answer again. I stepped back a bit, "Alright. That's enough. You're starting to freak me out.

I grunted when I was pushed down, "What the hell man?!"

"So you're his bitch?"

I froze slightly when I didn't recognize the voice. 

They chuckled and I tried backing away only to be pushed back down, "What a shame. You're cute too..."

I gasped when there were suddenly hands around my neck, "Be quiet and I'll make this quick."

I grabbed their arms when their grip tightened. I leaned my head back as I tried to pull away.

"Sorry. But I need to get to him. So just give up and go to sleep already."

My chest started to burn as I coughed, "Let... Go..." I dug my nails into their arms and gagged slightly. I started to get light headed and started to kick, trying to get them off of me. 

"Come on. I don't have all night. Go to sleep."

I struggled to speak as their grip tightened, "F... Fuck... Y-You..."

"Jesus. You sure do have a mouth on you. Maybe I should just take you instead. You can be my little toy~"

I grunted and managed to spit. I forced a chuckle and gasped when they let go of my throat. I started coughing and gulped down air.

"Little shit.."

I flinched when something made sharp contact with my cheek. I gagged again when they grabbed my throat and hit my head against the floor. 

"Who the hell would want someone like you?"

My cheek started to sting and my chest felt like it was about to burst. I started clawing at their arms and hands, trying to get them to let go of me.

I closed my eyes when they started to burn and clenched my jaw. My body felt like it was on fire and it was getting harder to control. 

I let my arms drop when they started to get heavy. 

Why am I fighting this anyways? What do I have to live for anyways?

No friends.

Barley any family.

Nothing.

At least if I die I won't be here anymore. I won't be a toy again. 

How was this supposed to affect Todoroki, again? What even am I to him?

Why am I thinking this? He just sees me as a toy like everyone else. I should focus on the good things from this.

No more itch.

No more cutting.

No more pain...

BANG