Chapter 42

While FP was trying so hard to make an appointment for them that day at town hall Alice was searching through the closet for something she could wear and FP could. She heard a knock at the door when she finally found the single white dress that she had. "Come in." Alice turned around and saw Alex all dressed up. He had a suit on and his hair was done. However he didn't have a tie as FP told him he should have.

"Did FP call?" Alex asked because he wanted to know if they were actually going through with it or he could change his clothes. He wasn't very comfortable wearing a suit.

"He is on the phone. But I heard there's a cancellation so we might do it today after all." Alice smiled at Alex and after he nodded he left. Half an hour later when Alice was dressed, her hair was done and also her modest make up FP entered the bedroom.

"You look gorgeous." FP smiled at Alice. He looked her up and down as he got closer to her. "We have to be there in half an hour."

"Then put on your suit and let's go." Alice said and for a very short moment she was overwhelmed by a feeling of sadness. FP could see it in her eyes.

"What's bothering you?" FP didn't want for himself and Alice to go through with it if she wasn't happy about it.

"I just always thought my parents would be there on my wedding day." Alice slightly shrugged her shoulders and the next second a huge smile spread across her face. "But I want to marry you as soon as possible."

"We can wait, I don't want you to regret it later." FP said seriously but Alice shook her head.

"Unless you don't want-"

"I do." FP winked at Alice and she let out a laugh.

"Then I'll go downstairs. Make sure Faith has water and food for when we go. Your brother is ready so as soon as you are we can go." Alice pecked a quick kiss on FP's cheek and she was out of the room.

Not much time later they were being called to get married. FP and Alice were in front of the officiant's desk. "Forsythe Pendleton Jones Junior and Alice Susanna Smith, right?"

"This is us." FP smiled at Alice. He looked over at Alex in the corner of the room and Alex smiled at his older brother.

"Ok, let's get to it because I have other business to do." The officiant said irritated, but Alice and FP didn't care. They were too happy with each other.

"Do you, Forsythe Pendleton Jones Junior, take Alice Susanna Smith to be your wife?"

"I do." FP smiled widely as he stared into Alice's eyes.

"Do you, Alice Susanna Smith, take Forsythe Pendleton Jones Junior to be your husband?"

"I do." Alice bit her lower lip after she let those words out.

"Do you promise to choose each other every day, to love each other during better times and worse times?"

"We do." FP and Alice responded in unison.

"Do you promise to recognise one another as equals, and support each other on your goals and wishes for the future?"

"We do."

"Then I declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

FP leaned in and gave Alice a pretty long, warm kiss. At some point they both smiled into the kiss and if it weren't for the officiant clearing his throat they would've kept on going for quite some time. "You have to sign the certificate and we're done."

After they signed, the two of them and Alex went to Pop's to celebrate. They were a bit too dressed up for it so Pop asked them about that. "Can you keep a secret?" Alice asked giving out a mysterious vibe.

"As long as you didn't kill anyone." Pop joked and Alice slightly shook her head as FP started talking.

"We just got married at town hall." FP said and Pop smiled widely.

"Congratulations." Pop was truly happy for them. He didn't know them very well, but Pop hardly ever forgot one of his clients and since Alice and FP were usually going there with Fred and Hermione whom Pop has known his whole life he remembered everything about them. "This one's on me."

"You don't have-"

"I want to." Pop cut Alice off and she didn't insist because if there was one thing she knew about Pop it was that he was a very stubborn man.

"When are you gonna tell the others?" Alex asked as he leaned back in the booth. Nathan was the only other person that knew about it since they were all in the same house, but that was it.

"Why don't we invite Hermione and Fred to dinner tomorrow and we can tell them then." Alice suggested and FP thought it was a good idea.

"What about the scary monsters?" Alex asked as he raised his eyebrows.

FP and Alice looked at each other because neither of them wanted to have that conversation with their parents. "The first school holiday we fly to New York and tell them all then."

"Sounds great to me." Alice told FP because the first holiday was weeks away which meant that they didn't have to think about it too soon.

"Your funerals." Alex said shrugging his shoulders. He knew his and FP's parents, they were going to be angry. He wasn't sure about Alice's however.

"Shut up." FP shook his head in amusement. "The food's here."