Chapter Fifteen

Christian walks beside me down the long white hallway. His eyes keep wandering towards me but I pay it no mind, as I continue the long stretch, my legs sore from the coma. 

"Have you seen my son, and wife?" He asks, and I look at him quickly before looking away, staring straight forward at the tiles.

"Their names, Fiona and Lucas?" I ask, and he nods from the corner of my eye.

"They were on their way to you. I made them go to your pack in search of safety and promised. I knew that you would take care of them if they made it. Did they make it, Morgan?" He asks, voice full of worry and hope. I run through my brain. Two-hundred years is a long time to know your pack, and to be honest, I do not know a lot of Fiona's and Lucas's among my members.

"What did they look like?" I ask, and he sighs. I feel him losing hope as he pulls a picture from his suit. He hands it to me, looking forward as I look over the family picture. Fiona stood beside Christian, her arms around him. Her hair was brown, and extremely curly as she smiled largely towards the camera. The boy, Lucas smiled next to another boy who was taller than him. Both had blonde hair, and green eyes. I feel a smile slowly form on my face before I hand it back. 

"Lucas is a training warrior in the pack. As for Fiona, she did make it to the pack two-hundred years ago," I say slowly, watching him smile. 

"Fiona still waiting for me?" He asks, and I feel a jut to my heart as I look back at the white tiles. My gold eyes feel like they're turning darker as I focus on the wall. 

"I have not seen her around." My voice is cold, as I recall the memories. I shake my head, ignoring his wandering eyes towards me.

"What do you mean by that?" He asks, and I shake my head. I point at the door on the right, and nod at him.

"This the room we need for this?" I ask and he nods. We enter the room and I see large long tables, with food all over them.  My stomach growls as the smell of fresh meat enters my nose. "So this simulation, it'll make me know when he turns the button on to become a crazed wolf, and off?" I ask as I sit down, picking up a piece of meat and chewing. 

He nods, sitting across from me. "The simulation is a type of testing I created last year. It'll be a remote inside of your arm, and it will feel like a bee sting. Ever had a bee sting?" I nod, recalling the memory of me being a young wolf running in the woods, and being stung on the nose.

"That's good. It'll feel like that in your lower arm, around your wrist. You will have to shift into a wolf, and go under so I can put it in your lower leg. If you were awake, you would lose too much blood. Understand?" I nod, continuing to eat. "You're brave, Morgan." I shrug, looking up at him as he smiles.

"Your son is too. Lucas," I add and he smiles. 

"He likes training?" He asks and I nod. 

"It's the only job that I would allow him to do. I had put the children through age groups years ago, and I decided from there which child would do which job. Lucas, proved his strength in a match, so he got put in the training stage," I say, wiping the blood off my face.

"He is a training warrior. When will he become a real warrior?" I shrug, looking at him with my gold eyes.

"He is right now. As soon as you leave the pack walls, you become to age once again. He has probably aged a year or two already since two-hundred years was nothing for us. He is old enough to be a warrior now. So, I would say he is protecting the pack as a warrior," I say softly, looking down to grab another piece of meat. 

"Do you know where they are?" He whispers and I contemplate the truth, or to lie.

"No. I just hope they made it out of the fires in time," I lie and he nods, sighing loudly.

"I hope they did too. I hope they found safety in the woods somewhere. I don't want to lose my son," he whispers and I nod. 

"Yes, safety in the woods should've been their first priority. I just pray to the Moon Goddess that they are okay. The strength is within them," I say softly, and he smiles. 

"You're a very religious Alpha. I did not see that inside of you." I chuckle, cleaning the blood off my face once again.

"Religion is important in this way of life. Many, do not believe in our Moon Goddess. But, if I had been raised differently, neither would I. But I was not raised like them, and I am not a part of them. The Moon Goddess and I are the same. I am a part of her." I speak, as I hope he recalls the memory he had watched on the screen of the ceremony. 

"I recall. So, what is the whole story behind her? I've read many stories of her in my life, but all are different." I nod my head, sitting up as I swallow the last big piece of meat.

"The Moon Goddess was a Luna to the first Alpha in the world. Remember, mates were created by her, not by anything else, so they were not mates. It was like humans, they chose their forever by feelings. Her name was Luna. She was killed by the Alpha when he betrayed her in a war for love. She was brought back to life as a Saint for the good she had done in her life on Earth. So she became a goddess, and decided mates would work better, so no one could ever feel that heartbreak again, unless, they die. Even a goddess, cannot stop death," I sigh, and he nods his head.

"So what about you? How are you a part of the Moon Goddess?"