Twenty-Seven

THIRD PERSON

"Lilian."

"Yes, sir."

"How mad do you think he is?"

"Beyond furious, sir."

Jisung uttered a nervous laugh, "D-Don't be like that, Lilian. Y-You're overreacting."

"You're stuttering, Mr. Han."

Jisung cleared his throat, "N-Not at all!"

Lilian sighed, "I wouldn't blame him. Who wouldn't get mad at someone who has been missing his flights for 4 times?" She said, shooting a glare at Jisung.

Suddenly, a box dropped out from Jisung's pocket without him noticing. Lilian noticed, she picked it up and examined it. 

"Mr. Han, you dropped this."

Jisung turned his head to Lilian and his eyes widened as he saw the thing in his secretary's hand. He immediately grabbed it away from her and put it back in his pocket.

"O-Oh yeah, thanks..."

Lilian tilted her head in confusion, "May I ask what's inside the box, sir?"

"Oh it's n-nothing! Nothing at all!"

Lilian furrowed her brows in confusion, "Suspicious..." She muttered.

Jisung uttered a nervous laugh, "O-Oh look! We're here!" Jisung said, trying to change the topic as they arrived at their floor.

Jisung gulped as the elevator slowly opened. They had met with another female staff waiting by the elevator as they got out.

"Mr. Han, you've finally arrived. He has been waiting for you."

"Shit. Lilian, back me up." Jisung said, his hands starting to water in sweat. He received no response from his secretary making him confused, "Lilian?"

He turned around but his secretary wasn't around. He looked around to look for her, only to see her walking towards her previous officemates before she became Jisung's secretary.

"L-Lilian?! Hey, where are you going!"

"Oh, my apologies Mr. Han. But I believe my presence would not be necessary with meeting your cousin."

"Lilian, no! Don't leave me! You have to back me up!"

But his secretary ignored him and started chatting with her officemates in excitement.

"Lilian, you're finally back! So, how was life during the past years?"

"Hell. Working as his secretary would probably the worst misfortune you can get in your whole life."

Jisung's eyebrows twitch as he heard Lilian's words. "Lilian you— you traitor!"

"Han Jisung."

"Oh shit." Jisung uttered as he heard the familiar voice. He straightened his body and gulped, slowly lifting his head to meet with his cousin's eyes who was giving him a deadly glare.

Jisung cleared his throat, "J-Jeongin-ah! My cousin, how have you been?" Jisung greeted enthusiastically as he puts his arms around his cousin's shoulder.

Jeongin's eyebrows twitch in annoyance. He moved away from his cousin and crossed his arms, "Why the fuck are you late?! More importantly, why the fuck were you even missing those 4 flights?!"

"Ah, ah, ah. Jeongin-ah, you're underage. You shouldn't swear."

"I am not underage anymore! And you— you're the one acting underaged!"