Daxon is way too dangerous, but I can't help being around him, can I? I should've never invited him to dinner. Or even followed him out to that weird ass field thing.

It's all so dangerous.

Now it's too late. I know I've crossed that border within myself. I think I consider Daxon an acquaintance.

I internally groan.

How could I do this to myself? I was doing so good and everything's ruined.

I stare back at my brown eyes in the bathroom mirror.

Maybe I could stay in here and wait him out.

"Naomi, c'mon! The food is ready!" He shouts.

I guess not.

Maybe you should just tell him to leave. Shut up.

I walk out, swinging the door close behind me as Daxon passes by with the mixed pasta and sauce in a big bowl. He sets them down.

"Are you some kind of a cook?"

"No, but I have to make my own dinner most times. It smells good, doesn't it?" He smirks at me, as I roll my eyes and grab some forks he left set out for the both of us. I sit back down at the dining table I've rarely sat at for my life and pass him his utensils.

"This should be amazing then." I say, pulling my chair in under me. Daxon scoffs.

"Try it." He takes the bowl of pasta and dumps a mountain of it on to his plate.

That good, huh?

I wait as he finishes topping his plate and grab the bowl away from him. I pour the food onto my plate, watching as the pasta slips onto it, a mouth-watering smell coming from the steam.

Damn, I gotta give him a little more credit. Maybe this could be kinda good. Maybe.

I set the bowl back down, looking at the spaghetti on my plate.

"Are you sure you didn't drug this? Cause you kind of give me those vibes." I say, spinning my fork in the food, taking a large bite off of it before he responds.

"What if I did poison it?" He asks, chuckling.

"Then I guess I'm just another name on your long list of kills. Consider yourself lucky to see me on it."

The spaghetti is way too good. No way he just made this in my kitchen.

I dig in.

"You'd be a lot happier at my house." He says. I look up as his eyes meet mine.

"Let's not bring that up. You actually made something good, let's just enjoy it. Then you could get out." I say, stuffing my face.

Noodles and Subway for 4 days straight are probably another reason this shit slaps.

"I told you I would keep bringing it up. C'mon are you too shy to live with me? Are you really that scared of me?" Daxon taunts me as I scoff.

"If you thought that would set me off, you're wrong. I just don't want to be around you so damn much. It's weird."

I'm even starting to think of his weird ass as a friend. I've never thought of anyone as a friend.

"What's so weird?" He asks, setting his fork down. I mirror his action and look into his eyes. Although a small grin rests on his face, his eyes look dull and cold. I don't know how to explain this to myself or him.

"Everything about you is weird. Who let you stay in an apartment building for free? And why are people trying to kill you? And why do your eyes always look like that? I said it before but I really don't know that much about you. I don't want to trust you with where I'm going to be living." I say, picking back up my fork and taking another bite.

He's better than most people but most people are really easy to see through. I don't know where I stand with this guy.

"My eyes, what? They look dead?" He whispers, sitting tense in front of his plate.

Is that all he heard out of everything I said to him?

"I mean, maybe it's the years of therapy talking but you always look... distance. I don't fucking know." I finish up the food, as he takes a deep breath.

"You can trust me. I'm not the enemy here." He says as I get up taking my plate to the sink. He follows close behind me.

"Then who is? Can you explain that to me? Who comes to clean up the bodies? Who hunting you down right now? Cause even though I'm your bodyguard, I have no idea about anything." I scrub my plate as he picks up a sponge next to me.

If I've decided to be his friend, I can't be so in the dark. Being clueless is what hurts both sides the most. I want to know who I'm "friends" with.

"Can I ask you to wait? Before I spill all my mushy stuff and make us all gross. I like how we are now. Can you be okay with this for a little while?" He puts the plate back in the dishwasher, as I follow suit.

"I really don't care as long as I'll know one day. I won't push. I hate that shit." I say, drying my hands with the towel as Daxon nods in front of me.

"Thanks. So you do care about me. You loved that dinner too, didn't you? Are you impressed?" He sends me a grin. I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"Shut up and get out of my house."

"It doesn't have to be your house. You could live near me. I think it'd be fun." He pouts as we near the door.

I think it's a recipe for disaster, being around him any more than this is going to actually ruin everything I've fought for until now.

""Yeah, Yeah. You said it all before. Make sure to lock the door behind you."I say, leaning next to the door as Daxon puts on his shoes.

"I'm being serious, Naomi." He stares, intensely in my eyes, stopping before opening the door.

"I'm serious too."

We've done too much today anyway. I have one more person to worry about now. Great. I'll cuss myself out about it later.

I wave to him as he opens the door and leaves. I shut the door, sighing out in relief as I hear footsteps walk away in the distance.

He wants me to stay with him but I know that would be too dangerous.

We've spent enough time 'bonding' today, or whatever the kids call it nowadays.

I'm going to sleep and forget all about Daxon, maybe even go to scho-

Heavy knocking at the door cuts through my thoughts.

I sigh, turning and heading back to the door, with slow steps towards it.

Do I ever get a break?

I stop at the door, twist the knob, and open the door to see Daxon's face.

"Go home." I say, ready to close the door again, despite the small jump of something in my chest.

"Wait-wait, hear me out. I don't want to be home alone tonight so..."

What? What is he saying?

"...let me stay with you."