Chapter Three

As I slowly woke up, my body felt extremely heavy. It was Sunday and I couldn't be the slightest bit bothered to get up. I heard my mothers voice and the familiar smell of Nutella so I got motivated to, literally, roll out of bed.

As my back hit the floor, I heard my mother run upstairs. "Kyle! What's happening?" She spoke with a worried tone. I laughed a bit, feeling awake as ever. When she noticed that I rolled out of bed again she laughed herself. "You're a weird one, Kyle." She sniggered, ticking my sides with her foot.

I squirmed beneath her and finally got up. "It helps me wake up." I stated then casually walked out of my room to the table. My mother poured some milk in my mug and sat opposite me, sipping on her coffee.

I know she'd be gone for most of the day, so I made the most of her presence. "So..what did you do last night?" I asked.

"Oh just watched tv and drunk a little wine." She said as if she wasn't passed out last night.

"So a little wine is 4 bottles now?"

"Kyle, you know how much I love my wine. Besides, I'm sure you got high or a bit tipsy last night yourself." My mother was now a cool mom, she's been less tense and strict as I'm older now and she only has to deal with me.

"I mean, Randy passed me some light weed but Stan took it away from me. But I didn't have any alcohol yesterday, being honest it was pretty uneventful so Cartman and I left. Stan and Cartman keep on arguing now so I ended up crying which was fun."

My mother looked at me worryingly. I got a pancake from the centre of the table and felt her hand be wrapped softly around my wrist. She did this when she was really worried for some reason. "I think you need to talk to someone about you're crying. I know that..you've had things in the past that have made you so venerable to it but.."

"Sure, if it makes you happy."

We shared a smile and were soon eating together. She referred to her and dad in 'the past' and felt uneasy talking about them. It was hard, she loved him, and ended up letting him go after so much mental torture. He wasn't a bad person, just had a bad temper.

"I'm going shopping after work, do you need anything?" She rose from her seat and tossed the coat from the chair and onto her body.

"Please can you get some candles? I'm running out and they help me relax."

"Of course sweetie. I'll just get my stuff upstairs and I'll be back down.

I suddenly heard the door knock and I gave it a questionable look. I didn't answer it, we weren't expecting anyone and it was only 9:58am. I heard my mother upstairs shouting to answer it because it might be important.

So I lazily walked over to it, tired, and I could barely unhook the security chain. As I unlocked it, my heart stopped. Why was Cartman at my door with a backpack? He was wearing a casual black hoodie, blue jeans and white shoes. His hair was neatly gelled to the side, unlike my messy ginger hair.

"Hello Kyle." He spoke normally as I checked him up and down. I could hear my mother go 'oh hello Eric how are you?' in the background. I probably looked so pissed up at him because he started laughing lightly. "Come on, you look like a tomato."

He let himself in again, bastard. I followed him, watching how he scanned the familiar room. As he was apparently Jewish now he came to our little Jewish parties. It was the most annoying thing and he never leaves me alone.

My mother came back down, make up on and hair in a neat bun. "Alright Kyle, I'm going now. Behave and don't do anything stupid like roll out of bed again!" She said then rushed out of the door. She seemed to not even want to deal with the devil himself.