Chapter 21

Thomas's P.O.V

I need to stop crying. Why should I be crying? It's ridiculous! I should go and find her! I get up off my bed and slip on some shoes and a shirt. I open my door and walk into the hallway being quiet as possible. I looked around the house and I couldn't find her… I looked out the window in the living room and saw a flash of movement down by the beach. I was out the door before I realized it. I jogged to the beach then slowed down as I approached it. I then heard the beautiful rhythmic music of a guitar and her soft melodic voice singing a sad brokenhearted love song. I sighed in my head and walked towards her. She was just staring out at the lake singing with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Autumn." I said when I was a few feet behind her. She stopped singing and playing the guitar and just whipped around. "No Thomas please go away." Her voice cracked. "No, I will not leave you. Just listen to me please." I begged.

"What is there to say?" She stood up, setting the guitar carefully in a patch of soft grass, "I already told you we-"

I cut her off. "All because we might not see each other again. You're worried about something that can be easily fixed Autumn."

"No it can't Thomas." She whispered.

"Yes it can, our parents own this cabin, together. It's not like we won't EVER go camping here again."

She shook her head. "What if it's years until we go camping together again? What then? You'll be moved on with some girl that is so much better for you, so much better then I am and I will have moved on with my life. And after this trip and we are still together, you'll go on with your life forgetting about me, leaving me heartbroken and feeling stupid and guilty that I should have been better! We both should have known that would happen Thomas. I know I did but then I had to go and fall in love you with you! I'll go home waiting for you to call or text, you never will then I will feel a horrible lost feeling inside of me and then I fall into depression. I know how it goes Thomas." She says. "No it won't Autumn! I won't let that happen. I fell in love with you and I'm sure that I will not loose you. You're perfect, my dream girl. I'll call and text you every chance I get; I'll visit you any time I can. Listen to me Autumn. I'm in love with you." I say stepping closer to her.

"I love you more then you could ever imagine." I add.

Tears stream down her face. "I… I love you but I don't. I have so many mixed feelings about you it confuses me, a lot. I have this weird feeling inside and I don't know what it-"

I cut her off. "I have the same feeling Autumn, that's what love is."

She looks up at me. "I just don't want to be broken."

"We're all broken, we just have to find someone to fix us and I know I can fix you and you've already fixed me." I smile. I engulf her in an embrace, my arms snaking around her waist. She wraps her arms around my torso and buries her face in my chest.

"I'm so sorry Thomas. I made a huge mistake saying all that I was just-" I pressed my lips against her, cutting her off. She hesitated then kissed back. I smiled in the kiss.