32. SHOOT YOUR SHOT

After hearing Denver's orgasmic roar I'd decided to go sit in the kitchen. Whatever Luke was doing seemed to work out well for Denver. It would appear that the two of them are feeling a hell of a lot better than I am. I feel like utter hell. I could go for a viciously hard fucking from Denver but unfortunately he's not up for that. Every time Luke and I are alone for more than five minutes we seem to bicker. So getting laid seems rather unlikely.

I think back to the faces Marina had been making and the tone of her voice. Everything was just off with her. It was like she was an entirely different person. Marina was gone, completely checked the fuck out upstairs. She's fucking bat-shit crazy. She's bat-shit because Scott is a sick, sadistic fuck. He's completely broken her.

I fidget with the water bottle in my hands turning it over and over again. I'm reading the words aimlessly. A deep sigh leaves my lips as I think about how Denver is going to have to be the one to talk sense into her. Of all the people in the world to have to talk sense into anyone it's going to have to be him. She's not going to listen to me. She's not going to listen to Luke. No, I'm her sister and Luke is not dominant enough in her eyes. Denver though, she likes Den and something about that really irks me.

"You look lost in thought." Luke comes into the kitchen and opens the fridge, grabbing a water as well. When he turns to face me I have to keep the smirk off my face.

"You got a little, uh-" I wipe the corner of my mouth because, if I'm not mistaken, he's got Denver's juice in the corner of his mouth. His eyes widen before he snatches a napkin from the counter and wipes his mouth.

"Man, I'm fucking starving." Denver says while entering the kitchen. "I feel like I could eat a horse." Luke looks away from us and out the window. He also looks more than slightly embarrassed. "I'd ask you if you were hungry, Luke, but I'm pretty sure I just fed you quite the meal." Luke chokes on the water and spits it into the sink automatically. He gags a bit which makes Denver quirk a brow and say, "I thought I told you that to spit is to quit and to swallow until it's hollow." It's my turn to laugh now.

"The two of you," Luke chokes and coughs a few more times, "are incorrigible. You're disgusting." He aimed the last part at Denver.

"That is not what you were just saying a minute ago." Denver reaches out for Luke but Luke swats his hand away. "Oh come on. Don't be like that."

"I'm not being like anything." Denver gives him a 'yeah okay' face. "I'm not."

"Well, at least one of us got off easy today." And I mean that literally and figuratively.

"He put in his work." I laugh a little but Luke looks so embarrassed. "What, it's a compliment." He grabs ahold of Luke's waist, pulling him into his body before whispering something into his ear. Luke's gaze drifts to mine and darkens. Whatever Denver is saying it's turning him on a lot.

"Whatever kinky shit he just said to you is going to have to wait."

"Trust me," Denver gives me a knowing face, "I think you'll thoroughly enjoy what I just said to him. I think you'll enjoy it a lot."

"There is no doubt in my mind that whatever sex-crazed thing you just whispered to him would be exceptionally fun but we need to talk about Marina." Not that I wanted to talk about her. I'd much rather hear the filth Denver just spewed into Luke's ear. Speaking of spewing, my mind goes to the visual of what had just gone on between the two of them. I picture Luke's mouth wrapped around Denver. Hot.

"I thought we were supposed to be having a serious conversation?" Luke quirks a brow at me, "I'm pretty sure your mind is currently in the gutter."

"It's hard to focus knowing Denver just shot a load in your mouth." Denver bursts out laughing but Luke just pursed his lips. "What? I got a bit lost in thought picturing you going down on him." I shrug.

"It was hot." Denver nods his head at me. "You missed out." He swats Luke's ass before going back into the fridge. "Doesn't change the fact that I'm still starving though. A good orgasm always leaves me hungry."

"I need you to talk to Marina, Den." Luke's brow furrows at that. "She's not going to listen to me and I know she's not going to listen to Luke but you, you she might listen to." And I hate that.

"Why me?" Denver begins placing the things he needs to make a sandwich on the counter.

"Because she's attracted to you." That makes him pause. "She wants you. I can tell."

"What're you talking about?" He turns around to face me with his arms crossed over his chest. "She doesn't even know me."

"She knows your type. She likes your type." Like is a complete understatement. Scott was proof of that. "That whole alpha-male thing you've got going on. She's into it." He smirks but I just roll my eyes at him. "Seriously, we need to find out where Scott is."

"Why exactly do we need to do that?" Denver asks in nonchalance. "We've got your sister. Fuck that guy. I mean, besides me wanting to fucking kill him, what incentive do we have to find him besides possibly dying?"

"I want him to stop following me. I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder thinking someone is watching me. I don't want to be sleeping with the two of you and have people taking pictures. I mean, for Christ's sake, they have videos of it." Luke's face blanches. I know he's petrified of that being leaked to the public. His reputation would forever be tarnished. Lucas Warner the Third likes taking it up the ass from men and women. I can just see the shit show now.

"Why didn't you kill him when you had the chance?" Luke asks me in all seriousness. "You could've but you didn't. You had the shot but you didn't take it." I scrunch my brow at him in disbelief. "Don't look at me like you don't know what I'm talking about, Malyssa."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah right. I've known you forever, almost my whole life. You didn't take that shot because you didn't want to." I grit my jaw angrily. I think back to it, both knives in his hands, Marina about to take the shot at Denver, and me with two guns.

"I was shot in my left arm, Luke. How the hell did you expect me to take a shot with a wounded arm."

"You could've done it. I've seen your willpower, Mal." He's not wrong but I seriously do not want to delve into this psychological bullshit right now. "If we do find him, will you kill him? Will you take the shot?"

"You know I will." His eyes question me and I know he's mentally saying he doesn't. I hate that I can read him so well. "I will."

"If she doesn't then I will." Denver states, breaking up our stare down. "The two of you just need to fuck already and stop arguing every five fucking minutes. The sexual tension between the two of you is ridiculous." He begins making his sandwich saying, "look at the two of you. All you want is to be together but the both of you are such stubborn brats." Luke's eyes soften a bit as he looks me over and all I want to do is run into his arms. He'd always been my solace, my safe harbor, but these days being around him felt like I was in hostile territory.

We're just standing there staring at each other. I can see it in Luke's eyes that he's feeling the same way I am. He misses me just like I miss him. "Can the two of you please go off and fuck already while I try to talk some sense into the evil twin downstairs?" Denver takes a giant bite out of his sandwich. "Go on. I'm not going to be happy until I hear her screaming like a banshee, Luke. I can't be the one giving it to her so I'm going to need you to do that for me."

"Why are you so crass?" Luke shoots the words at Denver. "Why do you have to be the way you are?"

"Don't act like you don't like it." Luke just shakes his head at him. "See, you play like you're not into it but you know you are." And even without the twitch of Luke's lips, I knew Den was right.