Chapter 32

Lila

I woke up again to an empty room. My lips were dry and cracked. I reached for the water but it was too far.

Landon?, I called out in my head.
Hey baby. I'm in a meeting right now. Do you need something?, He sounded run down.
No no. I'm sorry. Go back to your meeting. I love you.

I left that space before he could respond. I pressed a button that said nurse. She walked in with another jug of water.

"Good afternoon sleepy head." She smiled. "How are you feeling?" She checked the machines and my IV.

"Like my back got torn open." I gave a weak smile. She rolled her eyes. "I hope I didn't bother you. I was just thirsty." She tossed me something. Chapstick.

"It's been a slow day. Don't worry." She took a phone and a sticky note from her pocket and set it on the table. "This was for you as well." She grinned and walked out again. It's my slide phone. But I didn't recognize the hand writing.

            Hey lil bit. Text me when your awake. The group wants
      To check on you. I'll be waiting.
                        -Uriley  (555)777-2349

Did they stay here? I texted the number and waited. Within 15 minutes Matt, Jessica, Blaine, Jordan, and Uriley show up with flowers, cartons of candy cigarettes, fluffy blankets, and fluffy socks. I remember telling them about how much I loved that kinda stuff. Aww. They remembered.

"Hey girl!" Blaine pulled a chair over to the side of the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Cold. Gimme." Jessica laughed and threw me a pair of socks. But she ended up having to put them on me because I can't really move that well. I was still a little cold so they covered me up and Uriley sat at my feet. He's surprisingly warm for a dead guy.

"Did anyone bring cards?" I asked. Blaine scoffed and whipped a pack out of his pocket. Since I was broke we played with candy cigarettes. Blaine had gotten a huge load of them when he found out about what happened. He was on the front lines of fighting.

By the time Landon showed back up we were all carrying on. I discovered that I was not in fact strong but on pain meds. Not enough to get me addicted though. That's why I still feel soreness.

"Hey cherry." Landon greeted me kissing my forehead.

"Can I get a kiss?" Matt batted his eyelashes at him. He just got a smack on the head. I laughed but regretted it immediately.

"Are you okay?" Jessica said quietly. I've learned that she doesn't talk much but when she does it's as quiet as can be. But she laughs a lot. It's really pretty.

"Yeah just a little sore." I took a deep breath and it went away a little. She put her hand on my forehead and closed her eyes. Her hand got really warm and white light glowed from under her eyelids. Then I felt nothing at all. "How did you do that?"

"I was gifted when I was human. I would take pain from people's wounds like I had them myself. Now that I'm a vampire I can do that but it won't hurt as much." She explained shortly.

"You didn't have to do that." I felt bad now. "I could've handled it."

"I don't even feel it anymore. Plus I'll have to do it everyday for it to have a lasting affect. You'll feel it again tomorrow." She frowned.

"Well thanks for today then." She gave a half smile in return. My nurse, Janie, came in to tell people to leave cause visiting hours are over. Landon took Uriley's place. I was sad to see them go but I have Landon now. I looked up at him and smiled.

"How were the meetings?" I asked as he kicked his fancy shoes off. Did I mention he's wearing a suit? And that he looks uber hot in a suit? He unbuttoned his shirt and had me drooling.

"Boring. It was all stuff we talked about before. Pack borders and such. I have to go to another tomorrow but that's addressing the attack." I frowned. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked gently. I nodded again.

"I barely remember how I even got this thing on my back. I think I got swiped by a rogue."

Flashback
I look up and see a wolf about to pounce through a blur of tears. I scream and duck covering my head. I heard a paw swipe threw the air. But when nothing happens I look up. I see Uriley wrestling the same wolf.

"Run!" He screams at me....

Flashback over

"Yeah he said he saw you get clawed that's what made him attack. The doctors think adrenaline was pumping so much you wouldn't have felt it at all." He massaged my feet.

"Yeah all I remember is getting to the cave and then passing out. I came to a few times but it would only be for a few seconds." I cringed at the memory.

"They said if you were out there another a day then the blood loss and infections would have got to you." He refused to say I would've died.

"I don't even know how I got those infections." I mumbled. I had just gotten shots not to long ago.

"Rogues are filthy. Goddess knows what kind of germs are on their nails. Those get into you that happens. If it got your spine at at all you could've been paralyzed from the waist down." He shook his head.

"Well I'm gonna be fine. So it's not too big of a deal. I wanna get outta here soon. I know the nurses are tired of seeing me in here."

"Ain't that the truth." Janie said walking by the door. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you hungry?" He asked suddenly. I realized I was mowing threw the candy cig's.

"Kinda." He picked up his phone and typed something. Then 15 minutes later someone brought in mac n cheese and pink lemonade with kiwis. Then under a fancy silver food cover was a jar of Clausen pickles. It's nice having a mate that knows you better than yourself.

"I love you." He kissed my hand. I blushed.

"I wove oo tu." I said with my mouth full of liquid gold. He laughed and dug in as well.