Chapter 6

Bambam was driving his big Mercedes-Benz while listening to the radio. I was sitting on the passenger seat, silently watching the scenery. A habit I developed over the years.

It was 8:30 A.M. and I was scared. A slap in the face, I thought, perhaps that's all I'll get. And maybe no pocket money for the coming month.

"So..."

I glanced at him. His eyes were fixed on the road and I could perfectly see his side features. He was very handsome.

"It's your first year at university?" He asked, smiling a little.

"Yes, " I replied, fiddling with my fingers. "I am in a business course."

"Oh, really? Me too but it's my second year. If you need anything concerning the lessons, you can consult me."

I nodded, grinning. He was actually a nice guy.

Shortly afterward we arrived at the destination. Bambam parked the car in front of our family mansion and opened the door for me. I thanked him. However, as I wanted to swing my body out of the vehicle, he caught my arm.

"Euh... Can I ask you something?" He said, avoiding eye contact. I raised a questioning eyebrow. "Uh... What were you doing at the police station?"

Oh. So that's the question. I chuckled.

"I was lost, " I shrugged, freeing my arm for his grip. "I have a really bad sense of direction. I am not a murderer if that's your concern." I laughed.

"That's not what—"

"I know. Thank you for the ride, by the way." I walked away, waving my hand. He went back to his seat, starting the car, and left.

I sighed.

Hopefully, my sisters were drunk enough to forget about me. Or else, I am screwed.

As I made it to the mansion, our maid opened the door for me with a warm smile. I reciprocated it.

And just when I was about to take a few steps inside the house, my sisters and cousin jumped on me, surprising me. My heart almost dropped to my stomach.

"Mery! Where the hell were you?!" Somi yelled, grabbing my arm harshly. "You scared the shit out of us all!"

"Somi nearly killed me every time I told her I couldn't find you," Chaeryoung said, shaking me back and forth. "I searched every corner. So where were you?!"

I said nothing, lost.

"We were really worried," Lia mumbled warmly, putting her hand on my shoulder. "You could have warned at least."

Just as I was about to answer, I noticed my father coming our way. A stoic expression on his face, I could tell he was mad. Very mad.

I sensed a chill course through my whole body. Please God, spare me.

"Mery come to my office for a moment." He said calmly, but I knew he was boiling inside. Without hesitation, I followed behind.

When we arrived at his office, he closed the door behind us and looked at me straight in the eyes. "Where were you last night?"

I gulped.

My father could be very scary sometimes. Especially when he was irritated. "Where were you?" He raised an eyebrow, waiting for my response.

"I..." I started, feeling nauseous. "I got drunk."

"And?"

I thought twice before speaking. "When I got drunk, I fainted. Someone helped me and took me to his house." I sighed. "But nothing happened, father. I swear—"

"Enough."

I couldn't read his expression...

"You won't leave the house again without one of your two sisters." Father sat on his chair, pointing the door. "You can leave now. I need to calm down, alone."

•••

After my conversation with father, I went to my room to get ready for university. I am really miserable. Out of all people, I disappointed him. At the moment, I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole.

Opening the door, I was welcomed by chaeryoung, sitting on the bed, face buried into some magazines. She glanced at me.

"Well crap, you look like a zombie." She said, standing up. "But don't worry, super Chaeryoung is here to help!" She went on, dragging me to my wardrobe. "It's our first day of class you have to look fresh. No hoodies, no jeans, just a dress. You have to be elegant!" chaeryoung announced with a grin on her face.

I nodded.

In the end, she chose a floral, short dress with pink high heels. I loved it but it's a little bit... Too much...

"Chaeryoung, we are going to university, not to a fashion show," I told her, rolling my eyes.

She ignored me, gave me the outfits, and pushed inside the wardrobe. I sighed, giving up.

After a few minutes, and when I was completely dressed, we headed to the university. On our way there, we dropped at Starbucks to buy two hot chocolate since we were too late to eat at home.

While waiting for our drinks, I told Chaeryoung what happened after I left them at the party and she was very surprised.

"He is head over heels for you, girl!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air in a dramatic manner. "I can't believe you are more likely to date someone than me."

"That's not going to happen. He just helped me and I am thankful, " I said, ignoring her suspicious stare. "And don't you dare use him to get closer to your crush."

"Why?! This is the perfect chance to get a boyfriend! You are so foolish! Did you have a close look at Bambam? He is tremendously handsome!" Chaeryoung announced. "Bet he's one of the most popular boys!"

"Yeah, that's true. He is also easy going, but I think his actions don't hold any deep meaning. He is just a very helpful guy by nature, " I stopped for a minute looking at her dead in the eyes. "Plus, I noticed a lot of beautiful girls yesterday at the party. They probably caught his eye."

Chaeryoung frowned. "Say that again and I will kill you. Personally, I don't think those girls are better than you. You are gorgeous and your heart is golden. And If I could remember, half of those girls we're fake." Chaeryoung winked at me. "You have our blood running in your veins, so how could you say that your looks are average?"

When the waitress gave us our order with a smile that we returned, we took the drinks and left. We continued our conversation, heatedly arguing.

"Stop it. I told that he—" Before I could finish my sentence, I bumped into a muscular chest, harshly. I dropped my hot chocolate, spilling it over that person.

My blood ran cold. You must be kidding me.

As I looked up to apologize, my face fell and my heart dropped to my feet. Chaeryoung gasped next to me.

Oh, fuck.

Today promises to be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~

Author note:

Sorry I didn't update this whole week because a little bit busy, but I will try to update more often❤️
Have a nice day, darlings~