Part 1: Sürpriz

This hour and half flight to Bodrum feels like an eternity. I can't get out of my mind what happened a few hours ago.

"Dur, Dur!! Teşekkürler" I shouted to a couple standing at the main door of our new apartment building. I still can't get used to saying that: "our apartment building". Time has passed as quickly as a car on a race track. It's only been three months since we met in Spain, and in five days we are going to get married and will be together for the first time. It's all happened so fast that I can barely remember the key code for the main entrance to the building. There are so many codes for everything, it's a miracle I remember the codes to the lift, gym and our apartment, and when I forget them I have to call the front concierge desk to ask to be buzzed up by the owner. The thought of that makes me laugh hard, "I AM the owner"...well, Yiğit and I own it.

I went to the gym for a short session of Pilates. I decided to take the rest of the morning off to finish some of the wedding preparations. Deniz, my wedding planner, was meeting me in a bistro near our new apartment, but I felt the need to get rid of the work tension of the day with some exercise and a good hot shower.

 Deniz, my wedding planner, was meeting me in a bistro near our new apartment, but I felt the need to get rid of the work tension of the day with some exercise and a good hot shower

It wasn't easy talking to my father today...my refusal to sign a pre-nup before getting married made him upset. I understand he has worked hard to build Aydin Holdings from scratch, but Babam has to understand that Leyla and I bring as much to the company today as he did when he started. Sometimes he forgets that "the Nihat Aydin way'' does not always work when it comes to his daughters. I'm sure he feels that I'm rushing into this marriage, and sometimes it feels that way to me too. Sadly for me, and for Nihat bey, Yiğit is definitely the wrong guy.

I had enough time to get ready to meet Deniz, so there was no need to rush. This pre-wedding phase had gone by so fast that I had not been able to enjoy the final set up of our future home. I had to admit that it turned out to be more beautiful than expected, decorated in neutral tones, with reclaimed wood and lots of natural light. And the master suite is elegant but warm, perfect for a newly married couple. There is a large bed that has yet to be slept in, with fresh white linen, a pair of leather rod cushions in a warm camel colour, black and white striped decorative pillows and a grey throw.