The Sauna Test-Chapter 15

When we got to the pool, there were a lot of people so obviously, we couldn't just go up to Billy. Plus we needed to watch Billy just in case he does something. We stood by the car looking at Billy who was sitting up in his lifeguard chair.

"I don't know he looks pretty normal to me." Max said holding binoculars to her face.

"Normal? How many times have you seen him with his shirt on?" El asked.

"I mean it's a little weird."

"More than a little," Mike said. "He was in a tube with ice. The mind flayer likes it cold."

"When was he in an ice bath?" Eddie asked.

"A few days ago I checked for Billy at my house and we found blood and ice packets all over the bathroom." Max answered.

"Plus everything El saw-" Mike continued.

"But he's lounging at the pool, which is, like the least mind flayer thing ever."

"Not necessarily, " Will said. " The mind flayer, it likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me. It's like- like your dormant. And then, when he needs you, you're activated. That's what will tol"

"Okay, so we j-just wait until he gets activated." Bill said.

"No. What if he hurts someone?" Mike said.

"Or kills someone." Will finished.

"We can't take that chance. We need to find out if he is the host."

"So what's your plan, Mikey?" Richie asked taking off his hoodie.

"I have an idea. Boys only!" Mike said waving at the boys to follow him. " Just trust me on this one."

"What the fuck dude?" I say rolling my eyes.

"It's okay. There's more to life than stupid boys. " El said sitting on the truck of the car. "We can just wait."

As we waited by the car, I saw something through the trees behind us.

"Guys I'll be right back." I said walking into the forest. I don't really know what I saw but I needed to make sure. As I went deeper it felt like I was walking farther away from reality.

Soon enough, I made it, I made it to the clubhouse. The clubhouse in Maine. I saw everyone's bike there and the door was open so I went inside. While climbing down the ladder I could still hear El talking to Max and Beverly. Everything was normal inside, but no one was there. At least that's what I thought until I heard a whimper from behind me.

I turned around slowly to face the familiar voice. I saw Richie on the hammock, crying. It hurt me to see him like that. I couldn't comfort him because I knew he couldn't see me.

"I wish my life was normal." Richie began to say. "I wish I had normal parents and a normal school life, and normal friends. But no," Richie stopped and looked at me. It felt like he was looking into my soul.

"You are a freak and I wish I never met you. You're a whore are you know it! Your parents never paid attention to you so you used me as a way to forget. Well, all those things I said were fake. I never loved you."

"No. You're not Richie...Richie loves me." Then whatever was talking to me started to shake like it was a having a seizure. Slowly turning into the clown.

"You're a slut... And you always will be." I grabbed my neck, choking me. I felt all the blood rush to my head as everything slowly began to fade.

I quickly fell to the ground as a gasp for air. When I looked up I saw Beverly doing what El taught her while El and Max helped me up.

"y/n? Y/n are you okay?" I heard El ask me holding my head up.