Dancing with a drunk milkshake and drinking strawberry people

April 14, 1912

The Titanic was a gigantic ocean liner and, for those who could afford it, it was also of unparalleled beauty and sumptuousness. From immense dining rooms lit by crystal chandeliers to gambling rooms where men armed with cigars and wads of banknotes came to pass the time away from their women, the upper deck of the Titanic could have accommodate kings and queens easily.

The contrast between the upper deck and the lower decks was startling. However, Kol and Nora Mikaelson didn't seem to care about it as they made their way towards the ship's bow, laughing and dancing with expensive bottles of wine in their hands. Kol's suit was as dark as the night sky above them while Nora was wearing a sumptuous long red dress. Giggling and spinning around, she stepped on the bars at the very front of the ship.

"I've always wanted to do that," she said with a beam before taking a sip directly from one of the bottle she held. As she did so, her foot slipped and she began to fall over the bars towards the ocean. Fortunately, Kol was there, wrapping an arm around her waist before he drank half of one of the bottle in a few gulps.

Resting his head on her shoulder, he brushed his lips against the skin of her neck, kissing his way up her jaw, then turning her head to taste the alcohol on her lips. "Do what, love?" he whispered against her lips in a hoarse voice, his grip on her tightening when she leaned towards the ocean with open arms instead of answering his question.

Nora took a deep breath before yelling, "I LOVE MY HUSBAND KOL MIKAELSON!"

Then, once again, she drank her wine, her cheeks already red and her eyes glassy. Kol's state wasn't much better. Whether it was the bottles of wine he drank to celebrate their wedding anniversary or the delicious scent of Nora, he was completely drunk. As such, when his wife turned to him and told him it was his turn to yell, he could only nod and yelled, "I LOVE MY HUSBAND KOL MIKAELSON!"

He was quick to change his words after his wife bit his nose in retaliation. "I LOVE MY WIFE NORA MIKAELSON!"

Nora giggled and hopped off the bars, then rubbed herself against him sensually to invite him to dance. A hand on her waist, the other bringing a bottle to his lips, he did exactly that, slowly swaying to the music he could hear from the upper deck.

He twirled her in a circle and laughed when he saw the state of her hair and smudged lipstick. "See Darling? I told you it was a good idea to celebrate our anniversary on the Titanic."

She emptied one of her bottle before she said, giggling, "You were right honey, I'm having a very good time with you here." She pulled his head down to kiss him, her eyes closing to enjoy the feeling of Kol's warm lips. As every time they kissed, the warmth and the tingles spread over her whole body, both of their heart beating faster but still at the same pace.

She sighed against his lips, aware that she was completely drunk. "Don't forget your promise honey. You have to find us a pretty door before the shipwreck. I don't fancy a swim right now."

It might be because there was fire coursing through her veins, but the cold water didn't tempt her. In fact, she would rather kiss a snail than take a swim in the cold ocean.

Unfortunately for them, Kol's drunkenness gave him a terrible idea. Throughout history, many disasters were testament to one universal truth - decisions taken under the influence of alcohol were rarely good. And Kol, here, was going to be the perfect example of this. In fact, many centuries later, Nora would still use this example to explain why a drunk Kol should never ever be listened to.

"What if you make us time-travel to avoid the shipwreck? No need to look for a pretty door then and I can kiss you for years in the blink of an eye."