Prologue

An astounding tale, the legend of Jungkook the Prince of Ecrin and Jimin the Prince of Avaglade, a pair of lovers both bound and cursed by fate.

In ages long past; a patriarchal society. A King was to be decreeing the kingdom alongside his Queen.

But seeming like a prolonged curse from their ancestors; only daughters have been born to the royal family for generations and as per the Family Fore teller's prediction the King and Queen were expecting a daughter and she has been betrothed to a Prince even before her birth— but to everyone's amazement, this royal couple had a son.

To avoid people's awareness and to perpetuate the already formed alliance, the prince must become a princess in appearance, dress, and behavior...

It begins, as many legends do, a destined meeting—   this one between a benevolent Prince, disguised as a Princess who never had the chance to rule and a remorseless Prince who lived only to rule.

Theirs is a story of horrendous and woe. Take heed and listen well.

                                                                           ⁎⁎⁎

His own dress outwardly roared behind him as he walked, equating the same emotions he held. The velvet dress trailed behind, the fabric covering his heels. The sun-kissed blond, silky ripples of hair that they had ceased to cut for the past two years fell up to his waist in voluminous curls.

He had grown accustomed to this kind of life by now. He never said he liked this life, only that he had grown used to it. The manner lessons, the dresses, the corsets, the heels, the quiet mild manner a young girl who carries herself in poise and dignity is supposed to have. However, the personality did fit him as he grew up and had to wear more heels and makeup.

As the male marched on, lost in his own thoughts, he was interrupted by bumping into Taehyung, his best friend since childhood before they replaced his liberate life into one of a confined life. He landed on his back, a hand pressed to his forehead, and cried out in pain "Ow!"

"Oh my! I am sorry, Jimin!" His friend crouched beside him and tried helping him up when a voice, an all so familiar voice to him rang through the silent hallway.

"No, let me assist you." He instantly recognized the rich, gravelly voice that loaned help. As he looked up the same pair of orbs blazed into his, erecting a fire that seemed hard to douse.

A hand was held out for him to hold "Are you alright, My Princess?"

He looked at the hand.

It would have to be this way, he told himself. To keep his parents' pride safe and most importantly to secure the agreement between the two kingdoms along with the matrimony, the answer had to be a female.

"Y..Yes. I am fine, Prince Jungkook."

A/N: Not the best prologue but I hope it gave some lead-in to the story.

Plz go ahead in reading cuz I'm sure it's gonna get better in the upcoming chapters!

PS. Obviously, this is Jikook so haters out and readers in :)