Chapter 19

A/N: This is the last chapter of this book. I will do an epilogue after this and then, if you'd like, I will do a sequel, but right now I needed to finish this, so I can focus on my other books as well. For now, please enjoy this chapter! :)x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know how you make a big plan, think ahead and then nothing goes the way you wanted it to and it all just goes to shit? So, if you actually didn't have a plan and had no clue what you were about to do, things should turn out great, right? Is that even logical? Well, even if it is, that's also complete bullshit. Because Simon didn't have a solid plan, he hadn't any clue as to what was about to happen, but when it did, it absolutely did end up being a marvelous shit-show.

After Luke had been filled in on all the necessary details, they had just over 48 hours to figure out, how their plan would work. It consisted of many cups of coffee's, more than 20 hours of being awake, cursing out loud, throwing a particular glass bottle against a wall and paperwork combined with the data on the computer, that could have given the FBI a run for their money. After all that, Simon felt like he could sleep for days. Literally, days. 

Before it all went down, though, Luke had insisted they do sleep and eat. Both of which seemed over-rated activities to Simon at the time. His stomach was definitely not in the mood for food, and he felt like his jittering nerves and rushing heartbeat wouldn't let him sleep, even if he wanted to. But on that particular afternoon, when they were supposed to set their spectacularly vague plan into motion, Luke thrusted a bowl of porridge in front of him and made him eat it all, while he was watching. Simon felt like he could throw up, but the look on Luke's face was something he couldn't argue with. Needless to say, he felt like a 12 year old again. With a pang, he realized he hadn't called his mom in a while. He should probably do that, before he...

"Alright, are we good to go?" Mark asked, almost too cheerfully, and Simon knew it was to mask his nervous state, that they were probably all in. He leaned down, to attach another holster to his thigh, when Simon went to the bedroom, to get his bulletproof vest on. Luke was talking to his team through radio, so Simon thought it best not to know what they were up to. Essentially, they knew what both sides - Simon and Mark vs Luke and his team - were about to do, just now exactly how. The first part of the plan collided beautifully, the second part however, was a gray area to both of them. Luke had said it then and said it once again, when Simon told him the plan - "The less I know, the better."

Simon attached a knife to his belt and pulled out his handguns, attaching them to the holsters as well. After a thought, he slid another knife to the inside of his combat boots. Just in case. He set the earpiece and then took out his phone. It was now or never. He dialed the number and waited.

"Monkey! Is everything alright? You haven't called me in ages!" his mothers voice rang out and Simon felt guilt set in his stomach. "I know, mum, I'm sorry. I just needed to...take care of some things and I've been busy with school." he said, feeling even worse lying to Elaine. "Oh, of course, that's alright, sweetheart. How is school, by the way?" she asked and Simon felt himself deflate. He missed his mom, and Becky. He sat down on the bed, looking out the window. The sun was still high in the sky. "It's been great. I just wanted to call you to tell you that..." he started but thought about it. He couldn't make his mum suspicious, but he really needed to say this to her. "...that I love you. And miss you. Becks, too." he said, trying to sound casual. There was a little bit of silence and then some shuffling. "We love you, too, Simon. Are you sure you're alright, monkey?" she asked, her voice concerned and Simon smiled. "Yes, positive. Just give Becky my best okay?" he said and felt his throat constrict. He swallowed. "Of course. Maybe we could go out next week? Just us, as a family. Have brunch?" she asked cheerfully and Simon blinked to keep the tears at bay. He nodded, but realized Elaine couldn't see it so he cleared his throat. "Yes, I'd like that. See you then, I'll call as soon as I know my schedule." he replied, his heart pounding in his chest. "Okay, sweetie. Bye, I love you!" she said and Simon closed his eyes. "Bye, mum. I love you." he said quickly, before she could say anything about the strain in his voice.