Chapter 13| Grizzly Sin of Sloth

Y/n's P.O.V

When we were fully in the village, we saw a little girl with blond hair in front of a house.

"Elain-" Ban said. The little girl turned around before he could finish. It wasn't Elaine. I thought it was Elaine too. "Sorry, my mistake." He said. "Right, it can't be her." Then the little girl fell. I ran to the girl and put her head on my lap.

"Hey, little girl? Wake up." I lightly hit her head to see if she would wake up. "Looks like she hasn't eaten for a few days. She's pale." I looked at Ban.

"Oi, wake up." Ban said shaking her a bit.

 She opened her eyes. "You awake, sweet?" I used a soft voice.

"Get your hands off Ellen!" A little boy screamed coming out of the house. We looked at him. "What are you doing to my sister?"

"Hey kid, if you're her brother, shouldn't you be making sure she's fed?" Ban asked him.

"Shut up! Get away from my sister!" He told us.

"I said, are you making sure she's fed? I'll take her away from you." Ban said. I looked at him. He said the same words to Elaine back then. The little boy screamed and ran to us with a pitchfork.  I went in front of Ban so he wouldn't get hurt. The kid stabbed me, not deep but it made me bleed. He gasped.

"Brother stop! These people were tending me!" Ellen said and ran to her brother's chest.

"B-but I thought.." Her brother gasped. I pulled the pitchfork out. The little boy bowed. "I'm sorry! How can I atone for my sin?" 

"Atone? Atone for what, kid?" I asked standing up. My scratches went away.

"But I-" He gasped again. "The wounds!"

"Let me tell you something. Genuine sins can't be atoned for." Ban told him. As soon as he said that, something sharp stabbed him in the chest.

"King!" I gasped with wide eyes. It was King except, he was the fairy version. Not the fat and smelly one. I knew this form of his because he showed it to me when he found out I was a Goddess. Something Ban will never know about.

"That's very observant of you." King said with a sweet yet menacing tone. He was on his Chastiefol, laying on it like the Cheshire Cat. Ban spat out blood. "Hey, Ban. Isn't this a touching reunion? What's the matter, cat got your tongue?"

"Who...are you?" Ban asked, looking uninterested. I ran to the kids and put them next to me in case something else happens.

"Who am I? Have you forgotten even that?" King asked.

"I don't remember you at all. Sorry." Ban shrugged.

"I suppose it doesn't matter. The important thing is..." King's spear went spinning and went all the way through Ban. I covered the kids' eyes. "You are Ban, the Fox Sin, Sin of Greed!" King flew on his Chastiefol. "Or perhaps you prefer the name: Undead Ban." Ban's wound closed immediately. I wanted to go to him but I didn't want the children to see what was happening.

"Ban, you okay?" I asked instead. He nodded.

"Hey, Y/n, Dementor or should I say...Sempiternal Y/n?" King said looking down on me with a smirk. It was the name I used before I became a Holy Knight and was still a thief on Ban's side. "You were there too weren't you? You may act like a sweet and loving person but I know who you really are! Or should I say what you really are..." I used water to make it drop on him but he dodged it. I want to do more but well, for reasons, I can't.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I lied.

"I don't like your tone, kid. What do you know about us?" He said wiping the blood off his mouth.