Part 1: The Introduction

CT 44-44 was the number I was given after training on Kamino. Me and my fellow clone brothers were all taught to fight and protect one another against the separatist scum and any followers of the evil Empire.

The galactic republic was all I knew. lead by Chancellor Palpatine and supported by the Jedi Order. JEDI were these very powerful knights or guardians who wield these glowing swords called Lightsabers. Not only that, but they also wield the power of something called "The Force"

The force was something hard to explain but even harder to understand. It can be used to heal, fight, push, pull, bend or move almost anything.

Not only are JEDI capable of using this but also the evil JEDI aka the Sith. Sith are the loyal followers of the Empire along with those brainless droids.

I could never in a million years see myself following anyone as sinister and vile as the Empire. Their motive is power, destruction and chaos. Their leader is unknown but we all have heard stories of his/her antics as well as rumors of his/her origins and reasons for creating the Empire.

Me on the other hand, I'm just a loyal clone trooper (...forty-four) born and trained to despise the Empire. Once I get in (..fourty-four?) battle with those droid clankers, I'll show them what a real clone trooper can...

"Forty-four!" commander grey yells as I pop up from my nerve distracting daydream.

"Sir yes Sir"

"I hope you're as focused on the battlefield as you are when you're daydreaming" grey said.

Lately, I've used daydreaming to calm down before something big and important. Sometimes these daydreams have been pretty out of the ordinary, especially for a clone trooper. Maybe I should've been more honest with our specialist before being assigned to a squadron. But I'm sure their judgement is made with mine and the republics best interest. Even tho my other CT/44 brothers were all sent elsewhere, I was the only clone trooper of the 44th assigned to Commander Grey and Captain Styles.

'So my evaluation landed me here' I thought. 'But I wonder, was I a special 44th clone trooper or were the others just better than I am'

"Listen up troopers, we are heading to Kaller. Don't get distracted by the beautiful forest or high mountains, we need you all focused on the objective"

Commander Grey continued with his speech "General Kleeve, the devaronian that we are after has not only escaped to Kaller but has enslaved a few kallerans into building some separatist project."

"We have definite Intel and support by our Master jedi that Kleeve is here and building something. I will let her further explain about Kleeve" after he was done talking, General Grey moves aside to make room for the Jedi and her padawn.

"My name is Depa Billaba," she continues "and this is my padawn Caleb Dune"

Before she continued with the information about Kleeve, I felt something I've never felt before. When she introduced the young padawan, I could tell by the look on his face that he was a bit nervous but also focused when near his Master. I could tell there was a strong connection with these two JEDI and that we would have a great chance at helping Kaller and taking down General Kleeve.

"We have sensed a disturbance in the force and it has lead us to Kaller. We were actually able to make contact with a local in Plateau City who gave us the information about Kleeve and his operation. They are either building a base of operation or what could be a component for something bigger."

'What could they possibly be building or making on Kaller to help the Empire?' I thought.

'Whatever it is, we're definitely gonna take Kleeve and his goons down'

Commander Grey stepped up, "we will also have the help and skill of Captain Styles. He will have a squadron of his own during our attack on Kleeve and the separatist."

"Me and my young padawan," Depa continues "we are no strangers to battle and the evil antics of the Empire. Nonetheless, the kallerans are not to be overlooked. They are a peaceful species and we are there to help them in any way that we can, so long as we keep them out of the crossfire. So will be there to lead the attack and also help defend and free the kallerans."

"Is that understood troopers?"

We yell in unison, "Sir yes Sir!"

After the meeting to discuss our strategy to bring down Kleeve, we were all dismissed as we wait for our arrival on Kaller. One of my first real battles outside of the simulated training I'm used to on Kamino. Instead of doing my usual daydreaming when I'm nervous, I decided to chat it up with our JEDI padawan.

"Excuse me, Caleb Sir?" he looks up from his notebook with a curious smile.

"Caleb is fine trooper."

"With this being my first actual battle outside of Kamino and alongside a Jedi no less. I just wanted to see how you were doing since you looked a bit nervous when general Billaba introduced you."

Caleb looks around for his Master before speaking, "This is actually my first real battle after leaving the Jedi temple to join Master Depa. So we have that in common."

"But we also have a few differences," I say making a gesture towards his lightsaber, "I've heard stories about that thing but have never seen one in action. Plus, you guys are able to use the force as an advantage in battle also."

"I was taught that the force should never be used to willfully harm someone or be used as a tool in battle. Even tho us Jedi are wielders of the force, it's presence can be found in all things, even you trooper. What's your name."

"Most of us clone troopers are given numbers instead of names. Mine is CT/44-44 but being the only 44th trooper here. Most people just call me forty-four."

"Well forty-four, I'm glad we could talk before battle. You really helped put my mind at ease about fighting alongside you guys. There is no doubt that we will come out victorious on Kaller."

"I got your back Caleb," is what I said before giving him a salute and watched him return to his Master's side.

'It's presence can be found in all things,' what does that mean exactly? Does that mean an ordinary and basic clone trooper like me can use the force? Can ewoks use it to throw small trees? I wonder if that means those separatist chumps are also able to use the force?

'If they did, I'm sure the clone wars would be going a bit better in their favor.'

As soon as that thought finished, there was a voice on the ship's intercom,"Attention Everyone, we will be arriving in the Kaller system shortly. Please report to your commanding officer for squadron assignment!"

'Squadron Assignment? I wonder what this is all about. Maybe it will be something helpful on the battlefield. Whatever it is, I'm ready.'

End of prologue 0.1