Chapter 1

Warning. There is drug usage mentioned in this story, probably some triggers, descriptive sex scenes, swearing. Continue on your own account.

//Please leave any comments if you like. Enjoy.

Story is based in Harlem, New York. Will be referenced based on New York locations; subway stations etc.

She never knew what love was. Didn't think that no one truly knew what it meant. She didn't know what it felt it, and maybe just once she thought she did but it slipped away faster than a fire fly on a warm summers night. Young Silvia sits with her back against the headboard of her twin size bed in her small comfortable room. She sits there, her knees up close to her chest, her elbows applying pressure to keep them together. And her fingers, each index one plucked in both ears blocking out the noise from her neighboring mothers room.

Silvia rocks back and forth slowly, humming a tune of Hush Little Baby as she attempts to block out the word around her. Her mother lies in the other room, getting fucked by strange and different men all hours of the night but little Silvia doesn't know this. She tries her best to subdue all the moaning and screaming from pleasure or pain. It didn't matter which, Silvia doesn't want to hear it.

She thought once that her mother was hurt and went in to run to her rescue only to find some man she never saw or met on his knees behind her bent over mother. They scolded her and his response was only that her mother needs to have more control over her kids.

Her mother doesn't say much, not to her for the most part. Not anymore to say the lease. Unless it was scolding her about simple tasks with a , "Don't touch me! Get out my face I don't want to be bothered." Or "Mommy needs some alone time here take the card and go get something to eat or ....I don't know just go". Did her mother forget her daughter was only 7 years old?

Little did Silvia know she would notice needles lying around and tried to ask once what they were for. Ask was her mommy the doctor? But that only resulted in Little Silvia getting back handed right there at the kitchen table. She never brought up those needles again.

Her mother, Gina, helps Little Silvia get dress in the morning and sends her off to school. Her clothes are not perfect. Her hair is thick and wild but soft . She manages it the only way a six year old can, pony tails, braids and ribbons.

With a heavy sigh Silvia grabs her knitted sweater and puts on her small shoes and runs downstairs towards the front door. The door is heavy but she can manage to push through without too much struggle. She makes her way to the elevator and eventually out the apartment building. She finds the nearby playground and climbs up the latter to sit on the slide. She looks up at the sky as she slides down the slippery spiral.

There's no telling in her little years that she's been here if she'll end up like her mother or if there's a future for her out here in this cruel world. She walks over to a nearby gate where there lies a bush of flowers sitting on the other end. The sight of the flowers seem to calm her and distract her from the frantic scene she ran away from. She wonders will this pain ever go away. That icky feeling she gets when she hears her mom in the other room or when she sees those men she doesn't know. She picks a flower and walks back over to the play set to sit down. There's a warm breeze out making it manageable enough for her small sweater.

She twirls the stem between her fingers and moments later she is caught off guard by the door opening and closing behind here. The man walks out in a rush and gives Silvia a quick smile before disappearing down the block and out of the apartment complex.

"Silvia! Girl, get your ass in this house! I'm tired of you leaving here like you're grown. You need to remember where you live. Its dangerous out there!", Gina says as she approaches Silvia who is now standing. She grabs Silvia by her arm and in the process she drops her flower. The lose of contact with her peace keeper fills her up with a sudden urge to cry.