The Beginning

TW: TALK ABOUT A STILLBIRTH

It was a partly cloudy day on this chilly October morning. My mother, Ashley, awoke from her slumber and starting getting ready for the day.
"Oh my, baby girl. You're definitely active this morning." Ashley whispered as she felt her tummy.
"Everybody's so excited to meet you. Especially Carson, he always wanted a sibling."
Soon after, Ashley headed downstairs with the scent of fresh brewed coffee and waffles filling the air. Carson playing with his Hot Wheels track and his cars and suddenly looked up to see his mom come downstairs.
"Mommy! Mommy! Is baby sister coming soooon? I'm so booooreedddd." Carson whined.
"Soon, my love." Ashley replied cupping his cheek.
"Good morning beautiful", greeted Dean.
"Morning, sweetheart." Said Ashley.
They exchanged kisses and hugs. Dean bent down to greet Ashley's tummy.
"I hope you come soon baby girl!" Dean said excitedly.
"I sure hope it's soon. She's using my bladder as a punching bag... speaking of which... I'll be right back."
Ashley scurries to the bathroom while Dean serves up her plate. He gets Carson all ready in his booster chair with is little cut up waffle on a Zoo Pals plate. Then, something happens;
"UHm, uhh.. DEAN?" Called our Ashley.
Dean went sprinting down the hallway and up the stairs
"Yes?" He yelled trying not to fall down the stairs.
Ashley came out of the bathroom holding her stomach saying,
" My water broke!"
Dean was in shock and stood there for a minute and then snapped back into reality. He ran to grab his , Ashley's, and Carson's coat, keys, and Ashley's hospital bag looking like a packed camel. He helped her put on her jacket and proceeded to quickly put his on while throwing the bag down the stairs so he could assist Ashley down the stairs. He quickly equipped Carson of his jacket got him buckled into his car seat and they drove off to the hospital.

They finally arrived and they came rushing in with Carson on Deans shoulders.
"Excuse me, ma'am?" Dean hurriedly called
"Welcome, please fill out this form and wait over there." Said the nurse.
" no no, you don't understand my wife is in labor!"
"Oh! I'm so sorry."
The nurse pulled out a wheel chair and assisted Ashley in it and they rolled her off into the room. Carson was feeling quite overwhelmed and asked his dad with a cracked voice,
"Is mommy sick?"
"No, Carson, your baby sister is on her way!"
"Oh.... how long is this one staying daddy?"
Dean was star struck. He didn't know Carson remembered this. Two years  ago, Dean and Ashley tried for another baby. Sadly, that baby was stillborn. Carson never got to meet his late sibling as he was only one at the time so he was at his Grammys.
"This ones' staying Carson."
"Ok daddy, I hope for a long long time! I want to play with her and and uhh.. show her all my cars!"
"I'm sure she'll love that!"
They settled in the room with Ashley.
"They said I'm only 4 centimeters dilated... F O U R! And the epidural isn't working...I'm in so much paaain!" Ashley cried.
"I'm sorry baby, soon this will all be over and our princess will be here."
"Mommy"
"Yes, baby?"
"When will sissy come?"
"Soon, I hope."
Hours have pasted. Doctors came and gone. It has strucked midnight. Carson has gone home with his Grammy so he can get a good nights rest. Ashley's contractions were getting closer together and a lot more painful. She screamed in agony and Dean went to go get a doctor.
"Looks like baby girl is ready to come!" Said Doctor Lewis.
"Oh thank GOD" Ashley said relieved.
"Breathe baby, you can do this!" Dean chanted.
"She's almost here!" Doctor Lewis called.
Not much time after, she was born.