Chapter 7 - surprises

A/N: Sorry, this update took forever, but I'm not going to blame it on "not having the time" as I do when I explain why I haven't practiced the piano.

While I have had a lot of assignments the last couple of weeks, I have also spent five or more hours on my phone daily doing nothing productive, so in other words; I have had all the time in the world. There is no excuse. I have simply been lazy and I hope you can forgive me for that.

After most of the people except for Hermione and Ron had left, Ginny went outside and sat down on a wooden bench to get some fresh air. The sun was still up and Ginny enjoyed the feel of the warm air on her skin.

"Hey, Ginny." Hermione appeared by the door and walked over to her. Ginny smiled calmly at her and initiated for her to sit down next to her.

"Hermione?"

"Yes?"

Ginny did not meet Hermione's gaze, instead, she fixed her own gaze at the setting sun. "Do you think I made the right choice?"

"Depends on what you mean." Hermione said and smiled before continuing, "I personally think that you should have read that book I recommended you, so no, you did the wrong thing there."

Ginny turned around with a smile plastered on her face. She looked at her friend and with a sarcastic tone she said, "Ha ha, very funny Hermione."

She tried to sort out her thoughts quickly before shifting in her sitting again. Inhaling the warm, fresh air, Ginny said, "No, I mean with Harry. I've been thinking a lot lately and I feel I need some advice."

"You already know what I think about the situation, Ginny."

"Not helping," Ginny said, sighing.

"You should read this book that I just finished reading. Seriously, it's fantast--"

Ginny broke her off, "Hermione, answer the bloody question. This is driving me mad!" She could feel her emotions topple over and her heart started beating faster and faster.

Although Ginny knew perfectly well what her emotions meant, she couldn't help but feel confused as to why she would go from calm to an emotional mess in under a second. However, she did not let Hermione see this.

Hermione exhaled, "Fine, I think this is quite stupid. Two of my best friends are miserable because they cannot be together and I just keep thinking 'why the hell can't you stop this misery?'. It was your choice, but you are the only one that can make it the right one and at the moment, it does not look like you are making it the right choice. As Churchill once said, 'you have to make life worth living' and you have a bloody great life, Ginny! You're on the Quidditch team, you have a loving family and friends. Enjoy life a little."

Ginny didn't quite feel that she one-hundred percent understood what to do with that piece of information, but what she did next took her almost by surprise. "Fuck it. I'm going to fuck a boy because I made the right choice!" she said a little too loudly.

Hermione's expression showed exactly what Ginny knew she would feel; shock, confusion and disappointment, but in a good way. However, Hermione didn't show her feelings for long as she quickly changed the subject again, "Now, about that book."

"No. Just no, Hermione." Ginny stood up and stretched her whole body, reaching for the sky.

"I'm going to exercise now. And then I am finally moving out of the burrow to start my quest of finding someone to fuck the living shit out of." She then stopped stretching and apparated somewhere before she could hear Hermione's protests.

In another part of England, Harry Potter sat by his desk in his home. His gaze was fixed on a piece of parchment with details of his last ministry mission that had left him with a broken arm and a concussion. The parchment was at least forty inches long with microscopic text that Harry only saw as one big blub of ink.