explanation

Miles pov

I just pushed him out of the window.
I killed him

Miles began to smirk. He didn't like Jadn. He got jealous everytime y/n talked about him.

He wasn't a good person, he cheated on y/n. No one is that stupid, who would cheat on a girl as beautiful and kind and funny as she was?
Sure, she was sorta a bitch at times, but only because she's been through so much. And he just puts her through even more.
Miles knew he could treat her right, he just had to get the chance to get Jadn out of the way, and this was the perfect excuse.

Y/n pov

I closed the door behind me as I entered my room. I took of the shirt and sweatpants I was wearing and threw them in the dirty clothes hamper. I put on an oversized T-shirt and laid down.

I tried to drift to sleep, but the thoughts just kept replaying, and replaying in my head.

The thing that scared me the most is, I don't feel bad. I don't miss Jadn. I'm kinda glad he's dead.

It's not like no one knows anyways, I didn't tell anyone he was here.

Except my brother.

Should I tell him?

Can he keep it a secret?

I'm going to tell him

No. I'm not.

I got up and swung my door open to get answers for my questions. I flew into Miles' room without any warning.

" What are we supposed to do? Can I tell my brother? My brother will know he's gone when he comes to pick him up to go home."

"Shit..." Miles said under his breath

"Oh my God, Miles, what are we gonna do?" I said getting worried and trying to hold back my tears.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, don't cry." He reassured me and quickly dashed across the room, pulling me into a hug.

I felt a little weird, mainly because me and Miles had just met like a day or two ago, and now he was hugging me. But I also felt kinda weird because it was working, he calmed me, I don't know what it is about him.

We just stood there for a minute, me embraced in his arms, until he finally broke the silence.

"Your brother would do anything to keep you safe, right?" He said and I looked up at him, we were now making eye contact.

"Yeah, I guess so..." I said, sorta confused.

"So, why don't we just tell him the truth? You were getting attacked, it was just self defense. Well, not really self..."

"Yeah, you're right, that's a good idea."

Eventually, I went back to my room.

I laid back down on my bed, underneath the covers.

I finally fell asleep, knowing my brother would be here around 2 a.m.,
I set my alarm for 1:30 a.m.

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off, I felt the vibrations and tried to move my hand towards them to silence that annoying ass alarm.

I got up, still half asleep, and threw on some jogging pants. I slid on my slides and went over to the dresser to fix my hair ( bc you know those dresser things that have a mirror on top )

I took it down, being unbothered, and just threw it back into a messy bun.

I sat back down on my bed, and scrolled through Instagram for the next few minutes.

Leena texted me that she and Jordan were here.

I put on my crying face and got ready to explain the most fucked up situation in my life, so far.

I snuck out of the garden, and around to Leena and my brother, I expected their friends to be with them, but surprisingly, they weren't.

I walked fast towards my brother and threw my arms around him.

"What's wrong??" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"Jadntriedtorapemesoididntknowwhattodoandmilescameinandpushedhimoutofthewindowtosavemeandimreallysorryyyyy" I said hurriedly, with tears streaming down my face.

"Huhh?" My brother said, he looked so confused.

I just cried harder, and repeated myself, except slower.

Sorry it took me so long to update, I have been busy scrolling through Instagram and tik tok.
I really hope you guys liked this chapter even though it's kinda short. I honestly have so many ideas for this book it's not even funny, like get ready for some emotional twists.

AND OMGGG THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR 8K!!!!!!!!!!!💞💞💞💞❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😋😋😋😋😋🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩😘😘😘😘😘😘😘⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯😈😈😈😈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜♥️💘💝💖💗💓💞💞💕💌❣️💟💔💋💯🔥💢✨💫🙏🏼