Black Rose

Several years have gone by, some things have changed while some haven't. Peoples are walking on the streets, men and women, young and old. Some are hurriedly go to work or school while some just chill around and relaxing.

Today is a special day for Ib, a young lady with soft brown hair and sparkling red eyes. The girl wears her favorite attire and make sure she look her best on this day.

Because she's going fulfill her promise to her old 'friend'.

They've been contacting each other for a long time but decided to meet again today. After told her parents goodbye and head out. She quickly make her way to the coffee shop they decided to meet.

***

'I feel like today's going to be great somehow.'

I quietly humming to myself as I set up the tables and chairs, turns on the coffee maker machine and re-decorate things here and there and ready to open up my business. I'm (Name), the owner of this coffee shop around the corner of the streets. I've always wanted to own a coffee shop since I was in highschool. It's a small cozy place with an art gallery style themed (being an owner has its perks!) so I can manage on my own without any employee. Plus, I do things better on my own.

'Is this why I'm still single?' I often thought this to myself.

Even though I opened a coffee shop, I don't have many friends. I get lonely sometimes but it didn't bother me very much because I have some regular customers to chat with.

And yet, I still long to have someone to be there for me.

*Ring ring*

"Welcome, sir."

I turn around to greet my first customer and surprised by his appearance.

He has a soft looking lavender hair and black eyes. He's a tall young man, looks around my age and is quite charming that I just stared at him for a short moment.

"Uh, hello?"

I jumped a little as his smooth soft voice pulled me to the ground like gravity.

"O-Oh my, I'm sorry! I just spaced out a little. What would you like to order sir?"

"That's alright." He chuckled then sit on the counter chair. "I'll have cappuccino, please."

"Certainly."

As I prepare his drink while trying to stay focused on it, he speaks again.

"Do you like art?"

I smiled gently as I reply back to him.

"Yes, I love art ever since I was a child. How about you?"

"I love it too, but..."

He faded out the last part that I can't heard any of it.

"Hmm? What was that?"

"Oh! Nevermind, I'm just mumbling nonsense. I love how you decorate it. It's beautiful."

"Thank you, I'm glad you like it."

I finished his drink and serve it to him.

"Here's your order, enjoy."

"Thanks."

He sips on his drink as he look outside the window, dark clouds starts to forming in the sky, hiding the sun. Soon enough, it's going to rain.

"I hope she make it on time..."

He pondered aloud, so I ask.

"Do you have an appointment with someone?"