lil sonic n uncle chuck

"Happy birthday Unc!"

The older blue hedgehog smiled down at the badly iced cake placed in front of him. The blue icing was melting, little droplets of blue staining the porcelain plate it was sitting on and the white lettering atop the cake starting to melt and smudge into gibberish. Chuck could see steam rising from the top.

"I made it all by myself!" The smaller blue hedgehog beamed from across the table. His emerald eyes twinkled. "So do ya like it?" A pout appeared on his peach muzzle.

Chuck gave a small laugh, using his finger to drag a drop of icing from falling onto the table up and into his mouth. "I love it Sonny Boy. What a great surprise!" 

Sonic suddenly disappeared with a small gust of wind, before he reappeared in his chair again holding a sharp knife. He handed it to his Uncle. Chuck gingerly took it from his Nephews' hand and cut the cake. Sonic once again disappeared, only to return once again with two plates and two forks. Chuck chuckled.

Later that evening, Chuck watched his charge get ready for bed. Sonic had a toothbrush in his mouth as he was trying to put on his night shirt and was jumping about in his small room. With a blue flash Sonic ran into the bathroom, and the sound of the bathroom sink turning on and off was heard before the small hog ran back into the room and into his race car bed. 

"Unc! Unc! Can we read the story about the Queen and her kids again?" 

Chuck already had the book in his hands and was sitting onto the bed as Sonic asked his question. Sinking into the mattress and atop the covers Sonic snuggled into his Uncle's side. Chuck welcomed the embrace and put his own arm around Sonic's shoulder.

"Once upon a time there was a beautiful Queen who had to give up her three children in order to save not only them but her Kingdom from an egg-shaped man..."

Soon after the story had ended, Chuck got up and tucked Sonic back into the covers. With a sigh he licked his thumb and rubbed away a bit of dirt from Sonic's brow. 

"Oh Sonny, if only you knew how true that story is..."