Ghetto Star

"You do what now?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I'm a dealer," Darryn said, closing and locking the compartment back, then doing the same to the closet.

"Is that not dangerous?"

He laughed at me and headed to the back of the house, " Nah, you see I'm strapped. Ain't nobody fucking with me."

I followed him to his bedroom, he sat on the king bed and grabbed some black Nikes pulling them on. He had that same ugly brown carpet in his room as there was in the living room. The walls were painted yellow and there were several posters. One was of Tupac on the wall next to the bed, and the other of the Mona Lisa smoking a joint on the wall behind the bed.

"Is there anything else you wanna tell me before we get too far?" I asked leaning against the doorway.

"Yeah, I guess so," he said tying his laces.

I walked further into the room and sat down beside him, "Okay?"

Darryn sighed and sat back up, "You not gonna want me anymore."

"The only thing that'll make me not want you is if you got a buncha baby mamas running around, now what is it?"

"I'm a Blood, KD. I don't just slang, I bang." He admitted looking at me.

My heart sped up at that and it wasn't because it scared me...I kinda liked it.

"Have you ever killed anyone? Been shot?" I was curious.

Darryn shook his head. "Nah neither of those. You don't care about me bangin'?"

"No not at all. It's kind of exciting, I'm worried about you being hurt though..or worse; killed.."

He stood helping me up from the bed. "I try not to get on people's bad side. I don't go tryna fight with crabs like all these other dudes, I just lay low and do my dirt."

"Well that's good, but why bang then if you don't get into any fights and stuff or trouble? Ain't that what it's all about?" I asked as he opened a drawer and got out a red t-shirt pulling it over his head.

Darryn grabbed his hat off the dresser and placed it on his head along with a gold chain. "I already did my share of that shit when I was a little younger. Let's talk about it later after we finish shopping though, ah'ight?"

I shut up asking questions and we left the house heading outside.

It was a bright beautiful day out, I almost went back in and got my sunglasses but Darryn was in a hurry so I jumped in the car behind him.

He had a nice ass car. It was a red Ford Mustang convertible with black leather seats. Tied around his rearview mirror was a red bandana and tied to it was another one that had the Mexican flag on it.

"What's this?" I asked fingering it while he crunk up.

"Oh my dad is half-Mexican. I'm mixed, my mom is black." Darryn said, turning on the radio and sliding Dr. Dre's The Chronic CD in before he backed out.

"That's sexy, you know any Spanish?" I asked turning up the Dre he'd put on.

Darryn smiled, "Nah I don't speak that shit."

Even the way he drove was sexy. He sat leaned back in the driver's seat with one hand on the wheel and the other in his lap right where his nine was in case he had to use it.

I couldn't help but stare.

Darryn glanced over at me, "You good, KD? What you thinkin' about?"

"Nothin'. What? I can't look at you?" I asked turning more towards him.