The Misfortune of a British Shorthair

"Meow meow meow..." i chirruped when I felt my tummy growled.

I turn my gaze up in the sky and notice the sun that is already rising. Birds are flying free closely together and the trees are dancing as the wind blows.

I am starving!

I close my eyes as I remember the remnants of my dry and wet food that I always leave uneaten in my bowl.

A food scent attacked my nostrils and it made me walk in front of a pile of garbage. My head followed the smell in the hopes that it's something yummy like a fried chicken or a hamburger or a grilled fish or a roasted beef!

I brought my head closer inside a yellow plastic bag but my stomach tightened as soon as I saw an opened and uncooked corned beef.

Yuck! I hate corned beef!

"Ksshhh! Ksshhh!" my body automatically jolted back as I heard hisses.

The whiskers of the two feline are shaking as they quiver their mouth, showing their seemingly sharp fangs at me.

Fear overflowed within me. I trembled and moved a few steps backwards.

Not taking my eyes off them, I sighed in relief when they did not attack me. They just intently threw daggers at me and eventually proceeded to the can of uncooked corned beef.

My head fell with sadness as I turn my back to them. I started walking again in a foreign street.

"Meow!" I said, calling my owner.

If I only didn't go out of my home... If only hadn't disobeyed my owner... I wouldn't be probably walking alone in a street now.

My eyes moisten as I look back from yesterday evening.

"Hershey, come here..."

My pretty owner crouched down and swayed her hands for me to come closer.

"Good boy!" she lifted me up the moment I was in front of her. She caressed my head and my eyes went shut as I felt the heat of her flawless palm.

She walked towards the couch to sit while I'm still on her shoulder. She then laid me on her soft thighs.

I felt my stomach vibrated while she's continuously petting me all over. I always like it when she do this to me.

"Meow meow meow" I chirruped, expressing my love for her.

"I love you more..." she said.

Her face came closer to me and I closed my eyes as I wait for her lips to peck me at the top of my head.

"Goodnight, Hershey"

I watch her go walk upstairs, probably towards her bedroom filled with so many books but minimal on furniture. She would often read a book on a single seater sofa near her window and I would always climb to her lap. Then after a while, her delicate hands will suddenly caress my body and I would fall asleep.

I move towards my tall cat condo...I stretched and pinned my claws to the scratch post...then I began to pull it in and out of the jutes.

Ahhh I like this feeling...

A feather hanging at the second tier of the condo moved. I throw daggers with my eyes as I stare at it attentively.

It stopped after a few seconds, and in a one swift motion, I jumped with all my might and clawed it with so much hostility.

I am a British blue shorthair cat and therefore I am strong. With my chest so broad and legs so muscular, I am definitely one.

I live in a cozy house with my owner to take care of me...and a grumply old Persian cat.