End; | Fall, 2022

Mark trudges across the pavement on the sidewalk, his hands in his coat pockets as he stepped on the fallen leaves, the leaves crunching under his feet, the air crisp around him.

It was a cold day in comparison to all the other autumns Mark had been through, although it could never have been as cold as the autumn of 2013.

At the thought, Mark Immediately shook it off, straightening his back as he looks around for anywhere nearby he could stop to take a rest, his eyes landing on a corner Café with a large glass window, where he could almost feel the warmth from outside.

Giving in, mark takes a step into the cafe, pushing past the wooden door, adorned with a large glass window, and feels his body enveloped by warmth.

Taking careful steps, he made his way to the upper level of the cafe, where he assumed the counter would be, and stepped up to the cashier, ordering a cup of warm latté, before making his way to the pick up point, where a barista was busy preparing an order.

Mark could swear there and then that it was like déjà vu, he remembered dreaming of this moment as the man turned around, and there stood the person he'd been hoping to see for the past, over 5 years.

"Yuta."

-

"Ah, so you know me?" Yuta chuckles, sipping from his own cup of coffee, a smile on his lips.

"You've lived in korea before, haven't you?" Mark asked, in his eyes a hopeful spark.

"or so i've been told. don't remember a quack of it." he let out a chuckle and tapped his temple.

"Amnesia," Yuta smiles calmly and takes another sip of the coffee.

"Amnesia?" Mark repeats.

"Dont even remember why i came to Japan in the first place." Yuta nods with a nonchalant smile. "So you knew me back then?"

"Very well." Mark says with a fake smile.

"What was i like?" Yuta muses as he plays with his cup.

"You never changed." Mark smiles and picks up his coffee, staring at it with a sad smile.

"I didn't?"

Mark nods, and Yuta smiles at his hands.

"if you don't mind, have you forgotten me completely?" Mark asks.

"Mark? am i right? There're many Marks out there. i suppose i should have known you then, but otherwise i don't remember anything. not even what part of korea i was in." Yuta reminiscences.

"Seoul."

"Seoul?"

"you were in Seoul." Mark says, to which Yuta smiles.

"I went there for a week a year ago, nothing seemed very familiar back there, but it's a nice place, i hope i lived my life there quite well. no one recognised me, however. i must have lived a quiet one." Yuta chuckles yet again, looking out of the window.

"I was kind of hoping it'd all come back to me." Yuta sighs, his breath fogging up the glass window.

"You've grown, maybe that's why no one recognised you." Mark says, deciding not to remind Yuta of how 'quiet' his life had really been.

"Was i of importance to you back then? maybe we had something between us?" Yuta asks innocently.

"You were, and you still are." Mark sighs, "we had something, that's for sure."

"Then i suppose we can build it up again? whatever we had?" Yuta proposes with a bright smile.

"if you'd give me a chance, we can try again." Mark says with a hopeful smile.

"Oppa."

___
__
_
.

Sequel can be found under
@yuutizen