Part 2 - bonding

=

It had been about a week since you met the son of Hook, and he had taken it upon himself to walk you everywhere.

Like now, simply walking you to school, even though he had school on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ISLE.

"look we're here, now go!" you pushed at his chest but he hardly moved, simply chuckling down at you and giving you that bobcat grin of his.

"don' I get a kiss from the princess fer escortin' 'er ta school?" he joked, gasping suddenly as you rammed into him with your shoulder, finally getting him to move as he toppled to the ground.

"you get a shoulder to the ribs is what you get, now go! I don't want you getting in trouble with your dad!" you laughed, dival perched on the gates above you, snickering at harry.

"Alright, alright im goin' I'll be back later yeh hear!?" he stood, wiping off his pants and jacket, pointing right at you in mock anger.

"whatever! Now go!" you laugh-yelled, making a shooing motion with your hands. Harry strutted off, wiggling his hips is a stupid way as he walked, obviously trying to make you laugh, which worked.

"dork" you whispered, finally walking through the gates, sighing as you saw the nasty Tremaine twins at the entrance, sneaking glances at you.

You did your best to ignore them as you passed by. "so (y/n)~" Germaine giggled, her sister turning to walk in step, both having nasty grins of their faces. "what did you do to have Harry hang around you"

You felt your face burn.

"I mean...everyone knows he really only hangs around those who....ya know...give him a little something, something~" you clicked your tongue, letting the ruffled Dival peck and squawk at them, the girls flinched, running off screaming about the demon bird.

You sighed in relief, rubbing your cheeks and continued walking to evil schemes.

=

Later that day, you were walking home, when you heard Mal call your name. you stopped, letting her catch up, covering your smile as Dival snapped at her.

"rotten thing, anyway, why is Hook always around you now?...you're not hanging with shrimpy are you?" she accused, her eyes glowing a soft green, you glared right back, the vibrant violet with golden flakes illuminating your face.

"no mal, im not hanging out with her" mal nodded, snatching a wallet from a passing bystander.

"good, me or mom wouldn't want you hanging around that filth, though if you could get Harry to drop her and follow you instead" you sniffed, rubbing your nose and rolling your eyes.

"I hardly have any influence to make him to that, that's more your style" Mal shrugged.

"Yeah, but if he joined you, you would get more power and protection" she muttered, bitting at her nails. You shook your head, smirking as mal finched as Dival took off from your shoulder and flew up to the high window, where your mother probably was.

You watched as mal walked into the castle, you closed your eyes and clenched your fists, calming yourself.

You...don't like your sister, she was manipulative, sneaky, and always wanted what you did and she always got it.

Even people, like Evie, you had attempted to be an "isle friend" to her and Mal decided that she would get Evie.

And Maddie

And Joseph

And Sam

...and then she just dumped them when she got bored, or they needed her to be a friend back.

And when you tried to reach out to them? They spat at you, glared, insulted, thinking you were just.like.her.

You hoped this time...thanks to Uma ironically, that Harry wouldn't fall for her tricks.

"hey lassie!" you jumped, turning quickly, seeing Harry only a few inches away from your face, that flirty grin of his plastered on his lips.

"hi-hi Harry" you muttered, rubbing your arm nervously "what's up?"

"wha's up? I told yeh I would be back didn' i? now come on, I got somehin' ta show yeh!" you rose your brow, about to rebuttal and say no when he grabbed your wrist and tugged you off.

"woah!"

=

"woah" you muttered, smiling at the fairy lights above you, some of them were off and busted, but they still lit up the entire room. soft hardly moldy pillows strewn around the room, a mattress and blanket in the middle, a dark curtain blocking out the sun.

 soft hardly moldy pillows strewn around the room, a mattress and blanket in the middle, a dark curtain blocking out the sun

"what's this?" you laughed, kneeling and pressing your palms into the mattress "how'd you get something this soft?"

Harry let out a laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. "not easily I'll tell yeah tha'....this is meh safe place...ya know? Like yer sisters little hideout? My da doesn't know it exists so" he trailed off, looking down at the floor, biting his lip.

You sighed, standing back up and walking over to him, putting your face in his line of sight "well its wonderful"

Harry gave a nervous smile "yeh think so?"

"yep" you popped the "p", giving him a bright smile. Harry gave a relieved sigh, walking over and flopping down on his "bed"

You watched him for a few moments before following his lead, falling down to lie next to him.

You both just stared up at the lights, the feeling of sleep beginning to overcome your senses.

Your breathing slowed, not noticing harry looking at you.

He picked up the thin blanket, drawing it over the both of you, and closing his eyes.

The world around you went black.

–end of part 2–