THREE

We wake up and gather our things. We board our plane to go back to Pearl Harbor.

We got home I walked out first. I saw the girls but when I saw Susan I teared Up.
the boys carried the casket with Steve's body out and placed it on an altar type thing.
Susan got to see him, I felt terrible she was a mess.

We lined up.
We all got awards, Steve's were given to Susan who cherished them.

We all went to home.
We sat in silence. Sad, angry, horrifying, silence.

We all fell asleep in there.
+++++

We woke up the next morning and packed our things.
We all exchanged numbers and gave each other pictures of each other and we all got group photos.

A few years went by and we all live in a coltasack here in Hawaii.

Rafe and Evelyn had a gorgeous son named Mark.
Maria and Sam had a son named Stephen.
Red and Susan got married and had a son named Ryan.
Barbra and Smith got married and again had a son named Earl.
Earl died shortly after, but I always kept a picture of him sound the house, along with Talisha, Betty and Steve.

And how could I forget? Me and Danny had three beautiful kids named Steve, Betty, and Talisha.
Danny and I visit our lost ones graves once a month along with the rest of us.

Us parents hangout everyday same with our kids! They all play pretend war. The girls as nurses and the boys as pilots and every time Steve ends up as the hero.
Not surprised.
We always cherished those days of early 1941 before the war and after the war we stayed together because we needed each other.

I realized it's hard getting older. time flies. It feels like yesterday we were just 18 meeting our friends.

We tell our kids everything they want to know about their names.

Danny and I grew old together. Had 8 amazing grandchildren. All our kids went to the military as a nurse or somewhat.

When they got older that's when they realized I was the first woman in the US forces.
My name as long as the rest of my friends' names are in history books.

Words can't describe that horrific day at Pearl Harbor, December 7th 1941.
Everyday on that date we all sit in silence, with the whole nation.