👑

👑

Long ago, there was once a princess called Leonora, imprisoned in her own castle, forbidden to ever go past the gates of the palace. Not shackled at the hands of some wicked captors, but bound by her own parents. Forever marked a disgrace to the reputation of their prestigious castle. Someone to keep a secret if they were to hold their family name.

It wasn't always like that.

The princess was grown with love and care, with everything she ever wanted and deserved. It was a time when she wasn't a burden but an asset, a jewel to be added to the crown of the kingdom. Slowly but surely, the princess grew into a fearless and independent woman just like her parents had wanted.

With the valiance she obtained, she set out to uncover the imperfections she hid for years. She would let loose and bloom like the flowers of wilderness. She boldly voiced her opinions on basic rights of persons, not citizens, but people in their own life . . . people in their own minds.  She didn't believe in the boundaries set by the world, in fact, she questioned their very existence. 

Sadly, this did not settle very well with the king and queen. What they had sown to be a fearless queen, had become a fearless woman.

The king and queen saw their perfect princess becoming deviant in every sense. This they neither wanted nor accepted.

The last straw was when the princess dared to fall for another woman. The king and queen lost it and imprisoned her, ashamed of what had become of their daughter, afraid she might reveal her mind to the world. The throne was more important than their own daughter. They could not risk losing it.

The princess wasn't sad, for she had a brother who still loved her. No, he didn't know what she had quite done to upset their parents so much, but he loved her nonetheless. To him, the princess would always be his little sister.

He would tell her tales from around the world, all the places he would see, all the people he met, everything that happened. He would narrate her the wonders of the world. Moreover, he would bring her friends. Books. So that perhaps, his sister could read what he hadn't seen, perhaps his sister would live wonders more than him.

He could not defy his parents. He could not gift her freedom, but he could gift her happiness.

Soon, the time came for the prince to get married, so he could succeed as the king. From around the world and among various beautiful princesses, one was chosen- Princess Valia.

Valia was going to have to give this family her life, she would have to take their name, and rule the kingdom beside the prince. She knew this would be hard for her so she sent a humble request. If she could spend some time with the prince in their kingdom, getting to know the people, she could get adjusted to their traditions and culture and blend in the fabric of the people. The king and the queen were reluctant. But they eventually had to agree.

As expected, on the dawn of summer solstice, Valia arrived in the kingdom. Leonora was now limited to her room, only allowed to roam the palace at night so that she wouldn't be spotted by anyone else in the castle.

Leonora didn't want to oblige, but she did so for her brother. Her brother had been her only salvation from eternal darkness. He had gifted her so much, so this she could do for him.

Valia was welcomed by huge celebrations and grand gestures. The princess smiled at all these people that were to be forever engraved in her life. She was doing so for her kingdom, her father had said that the two alliances would form a strong force. It would be good for the people. Valia loved her people. The prince was quite polite and humble, they seemed to get along just fine. If they could get along fine enough to spend their life together, she was okay with it.