『28』

"Spencer, what the hell am I watching?" I whispered to him, but he just stared at the fizzing plastic cylinder.

"Nothing's happening." JJ muttered to him.

"Shh! Watch!" He made the two of us shut up. Suddenly, it exploded, making Garcia yelp. Of course, the piece ended up hitting Emily, who just came in.

"Ooh! Ah, what—?" She held her forehead.

"I'm so sorry, Emily." Spencer quickly apologized to her while JJ, Garcia, and I giggled.

"What was that?" She looked up at the ceiling.

"Don't you recognize a rocket when you see one?" Garcia pointed at the black cylinder on the ground.

"I-I was merely demonstrating a physics law. I-I-I didn't mean to hit—" Spencer defended himself.

"Show me." She cut him off before walking over to us.

"Alright. Uh...turn around, please." He glanced back at us.

"Turn around?" Emily repeated questioningly.

"Yeah, he's not gonna show you how it's done." JJ shook her head as we turned around.

"Magicians don't reveal their secrets." Spencer replied.

"Really? I thought this was just a physics law." I mimicked him.

"Physics...magic." He stuttered out.

"Trust us. It will not do you any good to argue with him." Garcia made Emily, who tried to argue Spencer's logic, turn around.

"Alright, alright. Turn back around and observe." He called out to us once he finished his process. The rocket began to fizz again before exploding, this time falling in front of our boss. Aaron picked the cylindric piece up before looking at us. We quickly made ourselves look busy.

"Physics magic?" Aaron picked up the little black piece.

"Yes, sir." Spencer cringed slightly.

"We talked about this, Reid." Aaron came over to us.

"I'm sorry, sir." Spencer apologized to him.

"Really starting to get some distance on those." Aaron handed him back the piece, chuckling on his was up to his big old office.

"So he does have a sense of humor?" The three of us joined Spencer again.

"Very rarely. I think the last time he smiled was back in '98. Good year." I nodded my head in reminiscence.

"Hey, where's Morgan?" Emily inquired.

"Chicago. He goes there every year for his mother's birthday." Spencer answered. "And he tried to get Suparna to join him." He threw me under the bus.

"And why would he do that?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Because he's in love!" JJ, Emily, Garcia, and Spencer exclaimed at the same time.

"Shut up." I frowned, but on the inside, I knew the truth. He wanted to introduce me to his mother and his two sisters who seemed to be quite fond of me. "And you're new here. You're not supposed to know." I narrowed my eyes at Emily.

"Don't worry. I caught her up on everything." JJ assured me.

"You like him, too, don't you?" Garcia smirked. Seeing as she's the only one who knows about this, she couldn't stop teasing us relentlessly.

"I mean, as a friend, of course. But I don't like him that way. I don't like like him, you know what I mean?" I started to ramble but stopped myself. Then, my phone started to ring.