chapter two

Luke's POV

Ashton had told us that we were meeting his friend Haley, but he never told us how beautiful she was. Her long brown hair and her beautiful brown eyes that stare right into my soul and her-

My thoughts were interrupted by Ashton, who had finally broken the silence.

"So, Haley, we're working on a new song, you can sit right there and watch us if you want."

"Okay, cool!" she beamed, taking a place on the couch in front of us.

Haley's POV

The boys seem cute-

COOL. THE BOYS SEEM REALLY COOL.

Anyways, they play really well and I could've sworn I saw Luke stare at me but quickly turn away when I noticed.

Ashton was on drums, Calum on bass, Michael on guitar, and Luke was the lead singer.

He's an amazing singer.

SHUT UP HALEY.

I looked around at all of them and smiled. They were great singers. I heard as they sang out the song 'beside you'

Within a minute I was all packed up

I've got a ticket to another world

I don't wanna go

I don't wanna go

The silent words are hard to speak

When your thoughts are all I see

"Don't ever leave," she said to me

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky

To the beat of our hearts at the same time

So close but so far away

Can you hear me?

She sleeps alone

My heart wants to come home

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

She lies awake

I'm trying to find the words to say

I wish I was

I wish I was beside you

After they finished, I clapped. They first smiled at each other then at me.

"You guys, that was amazing!" I told them.

Michael was the first to answer.

"Thanks Haley." he suddenly pulled me into a hug. I giggled but hugged back. And soon enough, we were all in a group hug.

I listened to them play a few more songs and they decided they wanted my input on them. Once they made some changes I suggested, Luke asked "Do you write music?"

"No, but I sing a bit." I answered with a small smile.

"Really?" his eyes widened.

I nodded.

"She's an amazing singer." Ashton commented as I let out a quiet laugh. "Not really." I told him.

"Sing us something." Calum demanded.

"I don't know."

But it didn't matter, because Ashton had already handed me a piece of paper with lyrics on them. I sighed as I skimmed through the lyrics.

"The Only Reason?" I looked at them with a tilted head.

"Yup!" Ashton said, popping the 'p'. "Sing now."

"Okay, fine." I gave in, clearing my throat. I waited a moment before starting to sing out the lyrics.

Don't talk, let me think it over

How we gonna fix this?

How we gonna undo all the pain?

Tell me, is it even worth it?

Looking through a straight line

Taking back the time we can't replace

All the crossed wires

Just making us tired

Is it too late to bring us back to life?

When I close my eyes and try to sleep

I fall apart and find it hard to breathe

You're the reason, the only reason

Even though my dizzy head is numb

I swear my heart is never giving up

You're the reason, the only reason

I finished the song up, giving the boys a nervous look, only to find all of their jaws dropped, except for Ashton, who was grinning.

"What?" I asked, putting the paper that held all the lyrics down on the couch.

"That was awesome!" yelled Michael and Calum in unison.

I looked down at the floor, blushing a bit. "Thanks guys."

"I told you." Ashton told them, still gazing at me.

"That was great, like, really great." Luke smiled at me while scratching the back of his neck.

"Aw, thanks Luke." I looked at him. I saw him look over to the rest of the boys afterwards, who were now having their own little conversation. He gently took my wrist and took me to the side of the room. "Listen, I know this sounds kinda weird, but can I get your number? You seem really cool, and I wanna get to know you more." he explained.

"Uh, sure." I answered, giving him my phone. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and gave it to me, as we both added each other as contacts. After we both were done, we gave each other our phones back.

He smiled at me before returning to the other boys. I took a quick look at the time at my phone. 6:30. 

I slowly walked over to the rest of the gang. "Hey guys." they turned around. "Its getting pretty late, my mom probably wants me home." I explained.

"Oh, alright." Michael started, nodding. "Well it was really nice meeting you, Haley." he gave me a smile. And again, I was pulled into a tight hug.

Ashton approached to hug me next. "I'll see you tomorrow" he said. I nodded.

Calum and Luke came over and pulled me into their arms together on either side of me. I giggled, hugging back. "You guys sure do like to hug." Calum laughed as well, before saying "Nice meeting you" and walking away.

As Luke pulled out of the hug, he whispered in my ear, "I'll text you." And with that, I walked out of Ashton's house and returned to my own. I smiled the whole way back home, just thinking of Luke. Did that sound creepy? Oops. Well, I couldn't help but keep smiling at the thought out him.

Once I walked into my house, I quickly changed out of my dirty clothes and took a quick shower. I then changed into my pajamas. Snuggling up in my bed, the thought of Luke came back to me. Did I like him? Wait, I barely know him. And that was the last thought I had before sleep took over me.

••••••••••

A/N

well there u guys go chapter two i know its short but whatever lol so haley and luke hm wink wink