Prologue

"Queen Demonry was proven to be behind the curse!"

Grabbing the queen's hair, dragging her helpless body, and casting it into a cruel fate were the response of people to the circulating news. There was only one person behind this biggest downfall of the queen: the king of humans, her lover, Plutus.

Perhaps the meaning of love turned out vague as the warfare between humans and sorcerers began to transpire two thousand years ago. There was an untold civilization under the dominance of Erosians that has been forgotten by the evolving generations and remains unrecordable by history until now. At the same age, a newly crowned queen---a very first female leader of Erosian empire, and the one who implemented democracy---never expected that throne would apparently be the source of her eternal nightmare.

"Oust that witch!" Reckless suspicion was natural to humans that time, however, they wouldn't accuse her if they haven't found pieces of clue. Those horns on her head, black-shaded lips, and cape that covers her blood-stained skin somehow proved it all. Everyone believes that sorcerers like her are the cause of incurable maladies that circulate all over their land.

Plutus's people always demand for peace yet they were the ones who started this chaos from how they pointed blades directly to queen Demonry's throat; showered her a bucket of salt; and from how mockery became evident in every motion of their mouth.

The queen was unable to move and the only words she could utter were "how long will they be this ridiculous?" knowing people advocate "love" as they put halos around their head yet unaware of their blindness---bindfolded by the bandage of ethnocentrism like how every religion thinks that their perception is superior among other existing beliefs; and a bandage of fanaticism like how people voted and praise crocodiles who only intend to obtain rank, fame, and wealth. The use of love gradually turns cliché as time passes by. Such greedy ones often use it as a trick for the weak-minded, and those weak-minded-ass humans drove the queen to misery.

A massive economic breakdown began to cause destruction to Erosian Land as they sent the queen to a dank cell. It has caused a large poverty to the people of Erosian and made them realized that they haven't defeated the curse yet. The disappearance of such civilization happened after a ten-year war between humans and sorcerers. They made flame before fire flooded their whole place as they cut the queen's head off, thinking that it would be the end of their so-called curse. Unfortunately, that was the beginning of all bad lucks. They have triggered all the sorcerers, and as a first step of vengeance, the sorcerers dealt with evil to resurrect the queen and formulate their one and foremost objective in this world: to curse the next generations of human.

Queen Demonry's heart were invaded by vengeance as she resurrected. She was not just fooled by humans' so-called "love" back then but also a victim of toxic relationship with such son-of-a-bitch king, Plutus. She never got old within two thousand years because all the wounds he has left remain fresh. However, queen Demonry was able to study witchcraft to learn medicine; discovered the relationship of science and magic; and investigated how people easily get fooled by that damn love.

Humans don't believe in the existence of sorcerers in this modern age, and that's a big advantage of her. She's able to disguise as human and to pretend like an ordinary professor, planning to move to different schools and curse every student under cover; lastly, prohibit them to express love, and once they disobey, death would take them over.

JONA'S POINT OF VIEW

"A true love's kiss! Iyon ang lunas sa sumpa!" I screamed after reading the first page.

Austin's furrowed eyebrows greeted me as I turned my gaze to him.

"It's irrational to think that true love's kiss could save," he responded, "how would it be possible if anyone's prohibited to express love nga?"

I just shrugged my shoulders. I could feel, something's weird dwelling in this book. It intrigues me whenever I check its cover, it does look hoary and magical! Natagpuan ko ito sa EA Library kanina, sa mismong ilalim ng bookshelf. Hindi imposibleng pagmamay-ari ito ng sinaunang estudyante rito sa Eros Academy.

If ever what was written here is a true story, it'd be horribly thrilling..

"Nand'yan na si ma'am!"

Mabilis kong isinara ang libro at tumayo nang tuwid.

Huminto si Miss Malabay sa tapat ng kanyang table, doon ay malalim siyang bumuntong hininga. Ramdam ko ang bigong emosyon na bumabalot sa kaniya ngayon. Bakit kaya?

"Class, I want to inform y'all that I am no longer your adviser," she stated, making my heart sink.

Napatayo ako at pinangunutan siya ng noo. "Iiwan mo na kami, ma'am?"

Miss Malabay is my favorite professor despite how strict she was. Honestly, she's the only teacher who treats us, Section Z, a normal student. Dahil nga kami ang worst section sa buong Eros Academy, halos basura na lang kung ituring kami ng ibang teachers. Now, our high school life might get worse, knowing that she is leaving.

"I apologize. I tried to stay but it's the authority's decision to replace me." Niligpit niya ang lahat ng naiwan niyang gamit at isinilid iyon sa kahon.

May kakaibang ekspresyon ang bumalot si mukha ni Miss Malabay. May kutob ako na hindi niya nagustuhan ang kung ano mang nangyari before this.

I swallowed hard from the spirits that whisper in my mind. Madalas itong bumabagabag sa akin, madalas din nagkakatotoo ang instincts at prophecies na biglang nagp-pop up sa utak ko. Sa hitsura pa lang ni Miss Malabay, alam kong may hindi magandang ambiance sa loob ng admins. At alam kong marami siyang hindi sinasabi sa amin.

"Kilala niyo po ba ang new adviser namin?" Tanong ko.

She looked into my eyes as if she's giving a warning.

"Her name is Queen Demonry.."