chapitre dix-neuf.

strangers.
chapter nineteen; i missed you.

⎯ ⋆☼∗✩ ⎯

corbyn stood in the hectic airport nervously. the building seemed calm and quiet once he got off the plane, but when he approached the baggage claim area, many other passengers of different flights seemed to appear out of no where. which didn't help the bubbling anxiety coursing through his veins.

sweaty palms clutched the handle of his suitcase and all the blond could think of was wanting to get out of the place. ( and daniel of course... but the hectic airport was already enough to cause his body to want to shut down, so all he could allowed himself to think of was finding a slightly secluded space to calm down. )

he quickly shuffled around the corner near the sliding doors, beginning to tap his foot against the flooring and sway to keep himself occupied till he felt grounded once again.

he looked out to the dreary los angelos sky while constantly refreshing his phone, awaiting for a text that would say something along the lines of 'i'm here'.

after a few moments, corbyn started to even doubt daniels arrival. making up different scenarios in his mind of the brunet forgetting to pick him up or even purposefully being late. but he knew this was just him overthinking, daniel would never lead corbyn on long enough for him to come all the way to california just for him to be left stranded. right?

then there he was, the tall half brunet, cladded with in jeans and white tank top. he looked stunning to say the least. he seems to have evolved over the course of the year; his hair was a surprisingly new color of half blond and a half brunet, and now impressively muscular. which surprised corbyn greatly, since daniel had always been such a skinny boy like him.

daniel looked around the airport as if he was lost, eyes furrowing until they caught a glimpse of the blond. he, even, debated corbyns arrival. it wouldn't be the most shocking thing for corbyn to miss the plane. to forget about daniels feelings for once and get the last jab of leaving him stranded.

but there he was. still seeming just as small and fragile as daniel remembered.

their eyes had met for the first time in almost ten months now. sea green and ocean blue mixing for the first time in a long time. oh how they wanted to run up to each other dramatically, causing a scene within the airport, screaming each other's names when their body's finally met.

but they hadn't done this, no, they just smiled and walked slowly towards one and other, their desires being outshined by anxiety. both boys fearing that if they did greet each other in an extravagant manor, it would scare the other off.

"hi daniel," corbyn said awkwardly once they were only ten feet away from each other, his left hand clenching the handle of his suitcase tightly while his right hand lays limp in his shorts pocket.

"hello love," daniel spoke back softly, the nerves in the pit of his stomach dissolving once he was up close with his love once again. he didn't care for the thought in the back of his mind telling him everything he shouldn't do, and decided to greet corbyn with a hug, rather than awkward silence.

the half blond pulled corbyn in by the shoulders, then bringing his lips to the shorters forehead for a quick, soft kiss and letting his chin rest on his head.

in response to this surprising action, corbyn wrapped his arms around his waist and laid his head on daniels chest with hesitation. the feeling of being within each other's grasp felt so familiar yet foreign. as if this was meant to be, but only in a past life of theirs.

it felt nice to finally hold each other again. corbyns nose wafting a mixture of daniels laundry detergent and cologne, both now being different from the last time the ex-lovers have hugged like so. however his underlying natural scent all being the same.

while corbyns overall scent had been the same as always. from his natural musk to his shampoo, it seemed to haven't changed in the slightest. which the seavey man liked, him immediately getting the same feeling he felt just months ago. the feeling he had been searching for since he had last seen corbyn.

"i missed you." the blond murmured into daniels buff chest, tightening his hold along his waist as if this would be the absolute last opportunity he had to do so.

"i missed you more than anything."