Chapter Seven - Sins Of The Past

After the verbal altercation between Piper and Finn, Piper went to her room to vent her anger and frustration by working on a Crystal. Working on the Crystal proved to difficult for Piper as she couldn't keep her mind off the Shadow Hound. Soon enough, Aerrow walked in and knocked on the open door. 

Aerrow: Hey Piper. 

Piper was silent. Seeing Piper like this was strange to Aerrow. He sat down next to Piper. He could tell something was bothering his squad mate. 

Aerrow: What's bothering you? 

Piper: It's....it's nothing. 

Aerrow: It doesn't look like nothing. Ever since we brought the Shadow Hound on board, you've been acting differently. 

Piper was silent in response to Aerrow. She couldn't look Aerrow in the eye as her mind drifted on the Shadow Hound. 

Piper: It's....it's personal. 

Aerrow: How so?

Piper took a deep breath. Out of all the Storm Hawks, it was Aerrow she could trust the most. She then began telling her story about her connection to the Shadow Hound. In the story, Piper was a little girl at 5 years old in Atmosia. Her mother Anyarah was reading a bedtime story. As she finished her story, Anyarah kissed her daughter's forehead. 

Anyarah: Good night, Piper. 

Suddenly, Piper's father Jon had entered Piper's bedroom. He had a look of worry and concern on his face. 

Piper(Young): Daddy?

Anyarah: Jon? What's going on?

Jon: Anyarah, I need you and Piper to keep out of sight. 

Anyarah: Jon....

Jon: It'll be okay, my love. It'll all be fine. 

Jon kissed his wife and then hugged his daughter. The five year old Piper had no idea what was going on. Jon took one last look at his family as he left the room. Soon, a deathly silence fell on the room. The silence was then broken by the sound of a fight. Piper couldn't understand what was going on or why this was happening. 

Piper(Young): Mommy.....

Anyarah: It'll be okay Piper.....it'll be okay.... 

Soon enough, Jon entered the room. He had bruises on his face and blood on his armor. 

Anyarah: Jon! What's....

Jon: You and Piper need to go.....

Suddenly, shots were fired through the walls of Piper's bedroom. Jon was hit in the shoulder. As he was pushed to the ground, Jon saw Anyarah laying on the ground.

Jon: No....no.....

Jon then rushed to the body of his wife. She had been shot in the heart by the shots. Piper looked on in shock and horror. 

Piper(Young): M....Mommy?

As Jon cradled his dead wife, banging was heard at the door. On instinct, Piper hid in her closet. Jon was in a state of shock as he cradled his dead wife. Soon enough, the Shadow Hound burst into the room. Jon looked to the Bounty Hunter with tears in his eyes. He then looked to his wife. 

Jon: Anyarah....I'm sorry....

Piper watched with tears in her eyes as the Shadow Hound shot down Jon. Piper covered her mouth to keep herself silent. The Shadow Hound then moved Jon's corpse with his foot and saw Anyarah's corpse. Without saying a word, the Shadow Hound took Jon's dog tags and left the room. When he was gone, Piper rushes to the bodies of her parents and tries to wake them up. Back in the present, Piper finished her story to a visibly saddened Aerrow. 

Aerrow: Piper...I.....I'm sorry. That must've been horrible. 

Piper: It didn't take long for me to learn his name. On that day, I swore to find him and bring him to justice for what he did. 

Aerrow was at a loss of words. He could relate as he had lost his parents under similar circumstances. Piper then sighs. 

Piper: I....I need to be alone for a bit. 

Aerrow completely understood as he left Piper in her room. As he left, Piper replayed the day she lost her parents in her head. Meanwhile, Tal Karr had tracked down Baron Gratham in a makeshift compound on Terra Klockstoppia. At that point, the Baron had no guards. 

Gratham: Back away, bounty hunter!

Karr: Now now, Baron. Don't go shooting someone who could save your ass. 

Gratham: What....what do you mean? 

Karr: The way I see it, I'm the only thing standing between you and the Shadow Hound. Now if you pay me, I could help you. 

At that point, the Cyclonian Baron became skeptical. 

Gratham: What about the bounty?

Karr: You let me worry about the bounty. Your only concern is the Shadow Hound. I kill him, you're safe. I'm sure a man like you could fake your death.

The Baron saw no other option. It was either this or wait for the Shadow Hound to find and kill him. That was if Karr didn't kill him first.

Gratham: I believe we can come to an agreement. 

Karr: You made the right call Baron. Head back to my ship and I'll take you to one of my safe houses. 

As Karr said that, one of Karr's thugs approached the bounty hunter. 

Thug: Boss! We got a location on the Shadow Hound!

Karr: Where is he?

Thug: He's onboard some kind of carrier. It looks like the Condor. 

At the thug said that, a smile fell on Karr's face. He saw an opportunity in this. 

Karr: Take the Baron to one of my safe houses. I think it's time I had some fun with the Shadow Hound. 

As the thug began escorting Baron Gratham to the safe house, Karr gathered some men to track down the Condor and hunt down the Shadow Hound.